11 second club

Anybody from BlenderArtist contribute to the 11 second club?

These videos are addictive to watch. To see the different styles and ideas people come up with, using the same theme.

Very cool,I hope to contribute one day.

http://www.11secondclub.com/

Hey I tried. For all you people that hate the forum games here in the “off topic section”. I asked if anyone tried the “11 second club” website contest. And here at BlenderArtist I got no response. I guess everyone likes the “forum games” the most.

I don’t get it though. Maybe someone can explain this to me. I really like the 11 second club website. Those short animations seem like good practice to further your animation expertise.

Am I wrong?
Are these short animations to hard for the BlenderArtist here and that is why nobody is interested in the 11 second club. Or is that just a crummy website?

I thought Blender was more for creating animations than it is for creating art work. And the goal for using Blender was to get good at creating animations.

Just curious what everyone’s thoughts are on this.

Well, I looked at the website because of this thread, don’t know if that counts for anything… I had heard of it before but never seen it, it’s cool though. back to this in a bit…

About the off-topic things going about recently, I would agree that there have been a lot of form games lately, but I don’t think it is a good idea to get to heated up about them. As I see it, more then half of the people that participate in those are also active in posting actual blender related content on here, so if that gives them thrills, good for them. I don’t see it subtracting from the community as a whole, so there is no reason to get upset about it.
As you pointed out there has been a seeming lack of quality posts on here lately, and I would also agree that gets frustrating at times, but I don’t believe that to be the fault of form games. It’s more likely to be the fault of tougher economic times giving people less free time to give away on these forms as a whole.

I would say that every person on here has their own unique goals for learning blender, a lot of them seem to be more interested in the game engine then animation, which isn’t a bad thing at all, just saying.

I know you were just ranting a bit, (understandably, so after some of the flak that’s been going around) so I’m not going to hold you to what you said too closely, but as a tip for those that do this, don’t tie the popularity of your thread to what people think about it. There are a lot of factors in if or how people reply, and their opinion is just one of them. That being said, MentalKhandr, I think this thread was just not news for some, and looked out of reach to most noobs.

I think that I might participate in the 11 sec sometime, but as I’m just getting into animation, and currently have a lot on my schedule anyways it won’t be very soon… but will see what happens. I like the idea of forming visuals to a set sound clip, but if I don’t want to see what others have made to that before at least roughing out my own first, otherwise I think it would spoil my creativity.

wow, did it again… I guess I’m just a natural novelist :stuck_out_tongue:

ATSkill

@Atemporalskill…nice reply. I agree with everything you said. Thanks.

Yeah 11 second club is awesome.
I’ve started a few animations for the club but never finished. anyway i wouldn’t have any real chance at winning because the animations submitted on that site are of very high quality.
There very enjoyable to watch. I hope to submit an animation one day as well, but it will probably have to wait until the end of the year when i have school holidays.

MentalKhandr-

Thanks for bringing this up. I hadn’t heard of it, but it certainly looks interesting. Probably a lot to learn by checking in there from time to time.

Hey guys,… I actually participated in the last competition from June. I was 50th out of 137 so I think it was not too bad, since I am complet beginner in the field of animation. And this was aslo my first lip-sync :slight_smile:

This month however I decided not to participate and spend some time doing some basics like bouncing ball and stuff :slight_smile: I will participate only on september since August I will be out, on holidays…

BRAVO…chimericidol. I think you did a great job on that entry. You just vaulted to the top of the Blender Artist animators group…imho.

Heh, I am very happy that you liked it, but lets not exaggerate, I still have so much things to learn in this field. Anyway thank you for your kind words MentalKhandr :slight_smile:

I was a member of the 11 second club this one time. I got really embarrassed and then she slapped me in the face.

LOL,maybe you could do an animation of that experience so we could all see that!