Challenge #793 (31/08/18) Entries CLOSED

“Party of Four”

non-competing (pure), cycles (512 samples)

11 Likes

Party at 12 o’clock

Pure entry. Cycles 256 samples, procedural textures, compositing in Blender.

4 Likes

Which kind of party

Title: “You’re A party”
Pure
very quick entry. Family is in town this week. Scraped this together in a half hour.

4 Likes

House

Pure entry: 500 samples. For laziness’ sake, I went for a cartoony style. This takes me back to my trolls: http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Trolls.Party-Trolls.html.

3 Likes

“Party’s Over”

Pure entry.

Edit: I had some more time to spend on this so I made the textures much nicer and change the color and intensity of the fireworks that illumate the wider scene. I think this is a much more “cinematic” take on the original, even if it still doesn’t make much sense. :slight_smile:

Cycles, 512 samples, denoised, procedural materials.

3 Likes

Here is my non-competing entry:

CROSSING PARTY LINES

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles, only procedural textures.

Inspired by those folks who can go beyond party-line politics in potentially unpopular yet morally justified support of an idea or cause that transcends typical political / partisan agendas and tendencies.

Sometimes this results in what is more popularly known as “bipartisanship.”

Some links for more information…

Definition of Cross-Party

RobertT

3 Likes

‘Dancing’ with the aliens. :grinning: ‘12 o’clock’ isn’t about the time, but the direction (which means ahead/in front of you).

“Monkey Party”

Pure entry
30k samples thanks to SheepIt render farm

4 Likes

This is starting to become a habit for me getting entries in so late and only coming up with ideas late. I am not going to say it’s my age… Ummmm where was I? Oh yeah if I get the chance tomorrow before the deadline I will be giving this one a higher sample render and maybe add a couple more things to the tea table. But for now here it is…

Pure Entry 500 samples, filmic, denoise and going to call this one

“Tea Party Gathering”

7 Likes

Beautiful colours and lighting :+1:

Partied in Half

Non-competing (pure). Everything made within Blender.

I tried to give the candies a bit of motion blur with the compositor, but the effect got quite ugly.

4 Likes

After looking at my render with daylight it seems to be too dark, here is a brightness-contrast enhanced version:

6 Likes

Happy B-Day, Buddy!!

Pure. 500 samples.

Hi everyone! Well, here’s my first entry for the challenge, that is also my very first render in Blender. I’d like to add more elements, but I spent the day at learning a lot of essentials: sculpting, materials, lighting, rigging, etc. So, I think it’s enough for today…

HappyBDayBuddy_thumbnail
(I don’t know, where I’m supposed to post the thumbnail :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

6 Likes

@str11 thank you. To be honest though it is just a sun lamp overhead pointing down with a slight angle towards the back wall. Also I thought at first the carpet was a happy accident with its almost animal print look. But after further inspection it was actually just bald patches from the random particle setting and that the carpet emitter actually has thickness it was generating on both sides. So I have fixed that now as well and it is updated with a cleaner 500 sample render.

Party in Space

2 Likes

Love the idea of balloons in zero gravity. Saves on helium :wink: Nice rendering.

1 Like

Party Like a Kitten
Pure 200 samples.
Color correction - Compositor

5 Likes

A quality that seems to get lost a little lately.
I can’t help but tie this to recent (and rather sad) events. But this is a really great entry, nevertheless.

Don’t worry. This isn’t necessary anymore. The rules just haven’t been updated for 1 or 2 thousand years. :wink:

Quick one with eevee, just in time for the deadline xD

4 Likes