Challenge #796 (21/09/18) Entries CLOSED

Open (Used Photoshop to adjust contrast) . . . first time I’ve ever entered one of these things . . . this is just a quick concept design using the font Dali.

3 Likes

Reminds of Salvador Dali

1 Like

Thanks - that’s what I was aiming for.

“OREO PRO”

Cycles. A vignette made from chocolate sprinkles? Done!

21 Likes

I thought it would be about time to do another WEC entry. :wink: - Nothing special though, just a bit of 3d “light painting” in a back alley.

EDIT: Dang, that forum tries to be smart and crops long images for the preview. Just click it to see the whole image as intended.:wink:

Title “Light Painting” - Pure. - Modeling, texturing, rendering and compositing done in Bforartists, with some minor color adjustments in Affinity Photo afterwards.

Some cool entries so far. I really dig the “tag” of icyou520: great style, colors and composition… and photox “Oreo Pro”, because apart from the technique behind the rendering, who doesn´t want to be an “Oreo Pro”? ^^

3 Likes

Light In the Dark.

Pure
1000 Samples.

Removing noise from this image was easily 10 times harder than any other project i’ve worked on to date.

11 Likes

A while ago I actually used Blender to create an image of a poster for an SCP I was writing. I might actually enter something if I have time later.

Non-competing

1 Like

3D Typography “Pool”

9 Likes

Of Letter and Power

Pure entry. Cycles 256 samples, procedural textures and compositor.

6 Likes

Super nice!

How did you remove the noise?

3d - a shader exam

just some shader experiment, it turned out ok.
postpro done in blender.

Thank you.

I ended up using branch path tracing and multi jitter.
Here’s the settings for sampling and paths.

Your entry is fantastic.

How did you make that background - if you don’t mind me asking :slight_smile:

thx a lot! bpt sure helps with those difficult scenes, passes can also help a lot with those issues. If you have not already seen this tutorial; https://youtu.be/Gq5YWSpvME8

I used two render layers, one with the text object, the other layer a particles system. On that layer i used the same text but with a hold out node to block particles behind the object and gave the camera some depth of field. later combined both renders in the compositor.

I also made a animation out of it, with a somewhat more appealing particle system. I used the same hold out node trick to block particles behind the text;

(Not a entry)

(Not a entry)

1 Like

Thanks for the comment!

Interesting way to add light variation, i’ll use it.

I hope it works out for your scene. It usually gives the illusion of lots of glass, reflections and caustics.

Don’t mind me, shamelessly plugging myself… I’ve wanted to create a skywriting-style banner image for a while now. Thanks for giving me the impetus! This is my first entry. It’s also a pure entry.

Click here to view the image in another window

Any tips on increasing the cloud density/detail are welcome – as is general feedback! :wink:

4 Likes

Here’s mine. Pure.

Life is but a Dream

Pure entry. For the text I used the FreeSerif font. The rest is made in Blender, using only procedural textures.

A quick entry which doesn’t make much sense. I just wanted to make this effect with the water reflection. Tomorrow I’ll render an image with higher resolution.

3 Likes

AWSOME !!! love it man … Damm i want to eat it

1 Like

Here is my non-competing entry:

PIXELATED

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles, only procedural textures.

RobertT

6 Likes