Challenge #802 (02/11/18) Entries CLOSED

Nice work.

Didn’t even have time to start myself so i guess i am pulling out again :frowning:
oh well, always next week :slight_smile:

Nice entries already! Mine is pure, some corrections done in PS. Hope u guys like it!

Strike!

10 Likes

Cricket Dreams
Pure

Eevee, 256 Samples, Blender 2.80

5 Likes

Hello guys !
Did I post my entry correctly ? Just wanted to make sure, My first entry

2 Likes

Just fine, Gourav.

1 Like

Man against Machine

Pure entry. The texture for the field was made with inkscape, the rest was done in Blender using procedural textures.

When it comes to sport, foosball is as far as I go :slight_smile:

Raw render:

Old version:

11 Likes

En Garde !

Pure entry. Cycles 256 samples, branched path tracing, procedural textures, compositor. All models are newly made.

The names ‘Ceyla’ and ‘Eve’ are inspired by ‘Cycles’ and ‘EEVEE’, btw. Just playing with the phonetic aspect though.

6 Likes

“Darting The Caber”

non-competing (pure), cycles (256 samples)

7 Likes

Runner
Pure, handpainted in blender.

I had to make a B&W 8K texture map for this one which is only 2Mb still.
I ran out of time but i still want to upload it !

And here’s the sketchfab version if you want to see the model:

Sports BWC#802 by houllier.matthieu on Sketchfab

and i forgot to put my old entry on it aswell, so here:

Chaos BWC#799 by houllier.matthieu on Sketchfab

10 Likes

Tools Of the Game
Pure entry. Samples 250, Textures handmade in blender while the wood texture free of use. All models are made brand new.

one of the main focus of baseball is our tools of the game .
P.S i was going to make a ball cap, but due to lack of time. My first time on this challenge.

3 Likes

Here is my non-competing entry:

PRACTICE MAKES THE GAME-WINNERS

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles, only procedural textures.

RobertT

4 Likes

“Jury” like in “court”? Good luck. I hope this worked out well for you.

Indeed, it would probably need something like a major asteroid impact to stop us.

Of course you did :slight_smile:
Welcome to the challenge!

Welcome! It is funny that, this week, both first time entries focus on balls and bats.

2 Likes

Spectacular work. I love the reflection of the people (and the alley!) in the bowling ball. :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

thx a lot!

It was a somewhat lucky shot, used this hdri https://hdrihaven.com/hdri/?h=de_balie

The cheering ppl was a simple b/w image from google, i replaced white for transparant and placed in the scene as image as plane. It worked almost immediately by my surprise.

“Universes collide”
Pure entry. 1000 samples, free textures used.

2 Likes

“BLACK SPORTS BIKE WITH A BIT OF GREY”
non-competing

3 Likes

I’ve updated my entry. I essentially added the screw to the players (totally forgot about it the first time ^^) and did some stuff with the compositor. I also added the raw render before the compositor since sometimes I’m not sure if I’m ruining or improving things :slight_smile:

That, or a disastrous server migration :wink:

2 Likes

Deleted my old WIP entry post. Here is the farthest i’m going to get before voting starts, though I will continue to work on this image. Adding more to the background and grunging up those tires as well as fixing a problem with the rust on the car. (Procedural by the way)
Title: Not Quite Retired
Open: Grass Essentials

6 Likes

Runner
OPEN entry

The human model is from the Manuel Bastioni Lab addon; the shoe model is from BlendSwap (Marc Muller).

3 Likes

haha, that is amazing