Challenge #813 (18/01/19) Entries CLOSED

Fitzgerald Kittenhands

Open entry

Everything was Blender 2.80 and Eevee except for anything that has text on it, which were either done in The Gimp, or typed into Libre Office, exported as PDF, then converted to PNG. The text + graphics on the box and the wall are done with transparency and then mixed with procedural textures.

It was done in two parts, with the first scene modeled then exported as an image.

Then that shot was used on the texture for the photograph in the case file. I might go back and dirty the frame and tidy some stuff up a bit on that final image, but if not, I’m happy with how it looks. Always a learning experience!

Hope you all enjoy! Would love to hear any feedback from you kind people. I’m much more a filmmaker than a 3D person, so my focus is on the story more than the technical side of things and I’m sure there are things I can do to make a better model and render, and ultimately tell a better story. Thanks!

*) edit 1: I realized it made a LOT of sense to use Cycles for the second scene. Updated with much crisper shadows and better light all around.

1 Like