Challenge #816 (08/02/19) Entries CLOSED

:wink:

4 Likes

“3…2…1… Smoothie Time!”

non-competing (pure), cycles (128 samples + denoising)

8 Likes

Hi guys,

Love the theme! Immediately wanted to take a non human perspective on the apocalypse and wanted to focus on the human role in this. Normally it’s aliens coming to earth but maybe its us all along. Not sure if I will finish on time because I haven’t done anything with underwater scenes before but i’m gonna try :stuck_out_tongue:

If anyone has some ideas for doing the water + bubbles + plankton floating in the water feel free to jump in cause I am just trying stuff and haven’t gotten it right yet.

This is my in progress scene:

It’s just the main characters + simple gradient bg with nodes

To do:

Water+floating stuff and plastics
ground particles
lighting
squid stuck in plastic bag for background
Fins of main characters

_Not going to make it :frowning: _

5 Likes

“Calculating survival chance: 0%” - That’s the quote of the week. :smiley:

2 Likes

sounds like a Queen song :wink:

1 Like

fish out of water

12 Likes

Lovely stuff already. Working on something myself for this. Been a few weeks since I’ve entered.

Pure Cycles (1000 samples) - “Road Closed”

Trying to learn some basics about lighting and making a decent looking render, so just a simple model but made from scratch using good searches for “road block” etc… (going with a very mild view of the apocalypse - roads would be closed I suppose :smile:)

2 Likes

Well Gang, here be my entry for this week. I call it “Zombie Apocalypse…Now”. It’s an open entry, zombies
were made in MakeHuman. Posed in Blender. Render in Blender Render.

Some one had to do Zombies. LOL

3 Likes

A lot of good stuff Going On. So i saw The challenge Was Apocalypse now So I came Up with This Concept.

3 Likes

You Can’t Kill a Dead Man

Pure entry. Numbers on the numpad and text were made with Inkscape, the rest was made with Blender using procedural textures.

This is based on a system from the Soviet Union called “Dead Man”. It was supposed to launch a counter attack in the event that high ranking officials were killed in a surprise attack.

Old version

6 Likes

The Last Messenger

Pure - Blender 2.80 - Cycles - 200 samples.

Hi everyone!

The theme for this week is very interesting. I’m looking forward to seeing your entries!

2 Likes

It’s simple, but it’s well made. The lighting is perfect.

The four horsemen

This is my Pure entry. It is inspired by the bible’s legend of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. Each horseman has a color and a weapon that has a symbolic signification (death, conquest, famine and war).
128 samples in 2.79b
Procedural textures with two pictures for the bump maps.

9 Likes

beautiful!

Maybe the value will rise above 0% next week. For this one things aren’t looking very good, indeed. :wink:

It does! If history hadn’t played out the unfortunate way it did, Freddie would probably have gotten an invitation to the Ayreon project. I’m not sure if he would have accepted the offer, thought.

1 Like

Here is my non-competing entry:

BEWARE THE FALSE PROPHET: THE END IS NOT NEAR

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles render, only procedural textures.

RobertT

7 Likes

Get YOUR Apocolypse, Now!*

Pure, bunker interior design - no price listed yet :slight_smile:

Not too bad for a days work, all me and my laptop can do right now.

6 Likes

My entry - Apokalypse NOW!

Another take on the film of the theme title.

Only had a few hours to try and fire something out but I had great fun making this. Modeled a couple of heads, did a super simple smoke sim, and I couldn’t figure out the render layers. So yeah, I’ve learnt some new stuff. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This one is my new favorite. All your art is wonderful though.

Phenomenal render.

1 Like