Challenge #818 (22/02/19) Entries CLOSED

Cool!
I like the idea and the materials! Fethers look great!

P.S. Going to add one more egg to the entries :smiley:

Croco Unegged
Pure, Blender 2.79, Cycles, Filmic, 500 Samples
Textures and maps made in GIMP

1 Like

“Time to go!”

but no time to finish :c

Pure

2 Likes

“Getting Away with Art”
Pure entry, everything made from scratch over the weekend

Hello, everyone! This is my first attempt at doing the weekend challenge. I was trying to avoid the “minimalist implied action” cliché, but now I can see why everyone does that, because this took forever and was obviously rushed. Next time will be better.

Good work, everyone!

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I tried SSS but that seemed to make the white even brighter. Adding a bit of translucence worked better in my opinion. Still, I agree the white is a bit too much.

So, here is my entry.

Escaped?
Pure
Cycles 1000 Samples plus denoising.

Again, I had a lot of fun with this. Doing the Weekend Challenge really helps me to learn a ton more every week. My biggest takeaway this week was to never stop using references for every little detail, and also that I suck at rigging :smiley:

4 Likes

Really digging the cell shading look in this. Did you use the toon shader on it? Guess the people may need to look into the Rat-B-Gone hehehe

1 Like

This is done in 2.79b.

I found a tutorial for a toon shader and I actually didn’t like the result, but, through playing with it, I discovered that it was the fresnel that the guy used that allowed me to create the cells. I added another one to add another layer of shade.

1 Like

I made a last minute change to the lighting. The white is better now, I think.

1 Like

Much better!

oh no too late.

I’m still compiling the list and fighting a few markup issues.
If your entry is ready - just upload the image. :slight_smile:

oh cool. wonderful

Default Escape

Pure - I would add a GIF but it doesn’t seem to be that easy.

@Helge - This video is less in size than some images I upload, is that ok?

4 Likes

“Last Escape” samples 1300 Denoiseing, Pure Entry HDRI from Haven and PBR textures Blender 2.79b.

It took me a while but finally finish. also i learn more with each challenge i take.

I think it will work just fine. We will know for sure in a minute. :wink:

Glad you made it!

2 Likes

@Helge It worked - thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

That was cutting it a bit close (I wander what the best way to get a GIF out of Blender is?) - these have become one-day challenges at the moment rather than a weekend.

@parclite That looks a lot better :+1:

@Sanne That was going to be my project, fortunately I didn’t get anywhere with it :slightly_smiling_face: I would have coupled it with Helge’s title as well.

Hehe, I would have too if Helge hadn’t beat me to the title. His interpretation is much more fun, though. But I still used the title, sorta. :slight_smile:

I love your entry! Great start of a story about the amazing adventures of the default cube. I’d like to know what he’s up to now.

1 Like

I’m imagining it’s night-time and he’s sitting in a bus stop somewhere planning his next move.

This must have been inspired from the movie Shawshank Redemption. Very nice!