Challenge #823 (29/03/19) Entries CLOSED

Oh, this looks awesome, could you share nodes? I’m playing with blender procedural displacement but can’t get such nice effects

edit
BTW, can you make real mesh from displacement map? I assume your material is on flat plane, so i’m wondering if you could convert it to mesh and edit it more. Thanks

1 Like

Playing around with terrain contour effect (based on this method but modified so that it can be applied to one same object) :

Not an entry (also not sure if this is a WIP or not…)

1 Like

Ok That’s make sense. :ok_hand: Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Mounstains

Pure entry. Everything is made of procedural textures.

So after messing around with nodes I ended up with this. In case you’re wondering what does this have to do with mountains, those are two mountains viewed from the top (just use your imagination :smiley:).

@Wodzuu In case anyone wants, here is the blend file. The node setup is a bit too big for a screenshot.
Mounstains.blend (140.2 KB)

11 Likes

Thank you <3 haha i’m gonna check it as soon as i can

Sunset EEVEE mountains.
Pure.

17 Likes

For now this is my entry
“Power Up!” hahaha
Pure and Eevee

If animation will now work, there is one still from it

edit:
BTW i you haven’t already, try Nvidia AI Denoiser, it’s crazy what it can do.
edit2:
Also, CC very much welcome, it helps a lot

7 Likes

@Millani Are you using blender 2.80 oraz 2.79? When i try to render it, it’s flat

I’m using 2.79, but I just opened it in 2.8 and it worked.
Not sure how relevant this is, but you need to enable “experimental” features in 2.79 for it to work. But this should be enabled on the file. :confused:

Ok, i will test it again and come back with results :smiley:

Green

Pure entry, 2000 samples.

4 Likes

“Olympus”

non-competing (pure), cycles (512 samples)

8 Likes

Light the signal fires! Here’s my entry this weekend. Pure blender

7 Likes

Volcanic

Pure entry. Cycles 256 samples + denoising, main shapes made with proportional editing and texture details done by sculpting. Decided to use the terrain color idea for this simple isometric scene.

Clay render :

5 Likes

“It’s a long way to the top when you’re a slug…”
(this is a very well known mountain in slug communities in case you didn’t know…)

Pure entry, 500samples, Cycles.
Also, my first entry as I am a newbie! :grin: sooo bear with the overall quality and expect better submissions as time goes on hehe. I would appreciate any comments/critique. Cheers!

10 Likes

Somehow I am not detecting a newbie vibe here. Have you worked in other 3d software and just new to blender? Cause if this is newbie quality then I better rethink my life. Great job and welcome to the WEC’s

2 Likes

Pure entry, cycles.
Wanted to try a new approach to creating a landscape. Though I did not like this method, (can see a flat plane unless viewed in render) I learnt quite a bit about nodes and the use of displacement etc.

Clouds were a separate plane using noise and transparency.

8 Likes

Darkt Tech Mountain

Pure entry, cycles.
Rendert with 128 Samples and Denoised.

5 Likes

Haha thanks a lot!! Well I started learning Blender earlier this year (mid-end January). I do not have any previous 3d experience, I always wanted to learn but whenever I started I gave up, because Blender was much less user-friendly and much less tutorials existed back then… Finally I started my journey though and I am very very excited about it!

Hello,
This is my PURE entry “Hills”
Cycles 512s.

9 Likes