Challenge #839 (19/07/19) Entries CLOSED

On the way to harvest
Not participating in the competition
Originally, there were quite a lot of thoughts. Unfortunately, because of work reasons, I had to finish it quickly. There are a lot of details that I didn’t do well. I hope you like it.
Cycles, 500 samples, denoised,

11 Likes

The Harvest Day
Just clay,
Pure,

6 Likes

Started rendering my 4k ultra high def render :grin::sweat_smile: going to take 56 hours to render lol, already did compositing on it during pre render :+1:

Whoop 9 hours of sleep in 3 days. :zombie::scream_cat::hot_face::sleeping:

" Wispering " maximum effort :superhero::cricket:

2 Likes

“Harvest Day”

non competing

I’m starting to run out of time and an approaching thunderstorm is telling me, that a mockup will have to be enough this time. :wink:

5 Likes

Out on the Field

Open entry, 1000 samples. Did this in 2.80. I did 0 modeling for this. Took from:
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Agriculture-of-Tomorrow.Green-Housed.html
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Fantastic-Greenhouse-Challenge.Glass-Cathedral.html
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Folklore.Cowbell.html

and combined into:
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Harvest-Day.Out-on-the-Field.html

Title almost sounds like the opening to ‘shot in the dark’ by Ozzy. My brain really didn’t want to model this weekend, and I’m pretty busy with my ice cream shop challenge, few more days left.

4 Likes

JackPot - High Harvest Day

Open Entry

Didnt have more time to work on this so I had to crop the image and finish it like this. Made the textures in Photoshop, did everything else in Blender

4 Likes

The Reds

Open entry, oil painting effect and touch up done in GIMP. Rendered with Cycles 256 samples + denoising, procedural textures.

Raw render :

4 Likes

Harvester

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

In a distant future, farms are replaced by artificial structures that generate highly nutritional organic material inside egg-shaped containers. When ripe, these containers are collected by giant robotic spiders because real spiders are not creepy enough.

7 Likes

Anyone else having issues with the latest RC2 ? Getting crashes like crazy and sometimes it closes halfway through opening. Not hardware related i7 32 gigs of ram and 8 gig MSI gtx 1070.

1 Like

I had no issues with it, but then again I barely did anything. I imported all the objects, I fiddled with the ground, and with some of the particle systems. I have a Ryzen 7 1800X, with 32G, and an ASUS 1050 ti with 4G.

Haven’t used rc 2 yet been using rc it can barely hold my scene had to make two scenes to make two layers so I could render it. Ill try rc 2 some time I was waiting for the final release though while trying the others.
:grin:.
Rc keeps crashing on me when I do big scenes.
Had to reboot my computer like 10 times to finish my scene think goodness it saves Every time right when it crashes or I would be back in the middle of my scene. :grin:

Mine is a an A8-6410 APU with Radeon R5 graphics, 2000 MHz, 4 core, 4 logic processor(s)
6.44 gigs vr memory, 4 gigs physical, X64 bit.
Touch screen.

If I had your computers.:drooling_face:

1 Like

Well most of the time I do most everything on the laptop, then take it to the desktop for rendering. The laptop is only a second gen i7 with 16 gigs of ram ( maxed for that laptop) and 2gig nvidia geforce mobile GPU which may be the cause for the crashing as mobile GPUs are on the bottom of 2.8s priority lists.

You’re gonna have to rename yourself midnight potato :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m guessing that you have 2.79 on your laptop. If that’s the case then the RC is not fully ready.

That’s what I use I don’t have a desktop just a laptop for where I live a desktop is to big right now have three people in my house with three room me having the smallest.

It renders slower than slow but it gets the job done that’s how I learned to get my scenes done so fast for the WC model fast render slow. :joy:

You know you can get a laptop with more processors I think they go up to 12 processors

1 Like

Actually I have 5 blenders on my laptop 3 are the beta test I am doing for a custom 2.8 build for use with HitfilmPro the current blender official build RC2 and ole trusty 2.79b

1 Like

I have all of them from the 5 series to now on my computer. :sweat_smile:

In the older ones you can make eye textures in blender

Yeah that’s more money than its worth. And a bit overkill for a laptop. Just recently did alienware start offering laptops will full upgrade ability.

Lol, ya but it’s like an old beat up car you get for $500 it will get you where you need to go and in the long run you get more than your money back if you can afford it