Challenge #841 (02/08/19) Entries CLOSED

Here’s my entry
I’m going to go open on this one

" Together we can make a difference "

Cycles 128 samples

Filmic

Composited in blender

Three textures one on the shirt one the flag and on the eyes a noise texture to make the shirt and flag look like they are folding it’s something I learned from a blender guru contest I entered by accident it keeps from having to subdivide the models any farther.:grin:

Make human models with my custom interactive skin shader.

The orange has my custom interactive skin shader on it

Text font Soviet

Blackbody lighting for the lamps

Everything is sized and textured by historical records the walls are 20x24x6 brick, the floor concrete

The woman is mother Russia

This is from 1941-2019, because of the United Nations is going today and Trump offering help to Russia for fighting the fires in Siberia.

Its is depicting the world joining together to make a difference. :grin:

l

2 Likes

If this is too much take it down.

How do you set up the makehuman-blender exchange plugins for 2.8? :confused:

I export the make human models into another format and import them into blender collada DAE I think I’ll have to look when I get home seams to work fine for export and import

Sunny Siberia

Pure entry, 1000 samples. As usual, the texture was created in a separate blend file. Thank you google translate for солнечная сибирь. The Russian version of Coca Cola, was going to call it Red Bull, but preferred the alliteration of Sunny Siberia.

5 Likes

“RED SUPER GIANT”

non-competing (pure), cycles (128 samples)

3 Likes

managed to be sunnier than mine!

Lol ya, every time I think I got my custom skin node set I find something else it needs I added three more nodes to it, now I need to add a fourth node. :dizzy_face: Sigh.

I keep looking for stuff I need to add. :grin:

1 Like

Only for a short time. After a few million or a few 100.000 years it will probably explode and turn into a black hole. :wink:

1 Like

Actually, our sun doesn’t have enough mass to become a black hole.

1 Like

Cyrillic (Russian alphabet) cheat sheet for those that think they can just replace a letter with one that looks similar.

Ф = ‘F’ sound (not O)
Я = ‘Ya’ sound (not R)
И = ‘E’ sound (not N)
Ж = ‘J’ sound (not X or left/right K)
С = ‘S’ sound (not K, that’s what the К is for)

1 Like

Lol, ya I used a Soviet font text for my letters I have like 100,000 different fonts I can use in blender I don’t even know what all of them look like :thinking: the Soviet font is the first one I’ve used in WC and there are about 20 others I looked at.
I figured font texts would come in handy some day. :grin::yum::v::eyes:

1 Like
2 Likes

@Midnightcpu You actually don’t even need to install a font, you can just install russian keyboard support and switch to it in order to insert the proper unicode characters or just copy and paste the unicode characters. This is what I did to insert the characters in my post. Blender even supports them well. The scene that I’m making is for the Буран space shuttle and I thought it would be fun to try using Cyrillic/Russian for the object names as shown in the outliner here:

27_262x177_scrot

1 Like

Pure entry.
“Beep beep beep”

5 Likes

Hi! :smiley: This time I made it on time. Here is my little render. Tried to go for an old painted poster vibe, althou ended up far from that xd
“Onward!”

Blender 2.80 (!), Open (people are from MakeHuman), 0 samples
No, really, zero samples. Who would’ve thought that my first render in 2.8 will not be in brand new and exiting Evee, nor in Cycles that has seen a 105% speed up but in Workbench. Odd times. But it was fun.

Btw, is changing the select button back to right click in 2.8 officialy a crime? I’m afraid of the charges…

11 Likes

That’s right. However, our sun will never become a red super giant, either. Which is why I had to pick another star. Opting for a “red giant” when you could have used a “red super giant” would probably hurt your career in the office of propaganda rather badly. :wink:

1 Like

Something new to learn, but I think I’ll stick to my fonts I already do alot of work in 3d modeling, node making and alot other stuff I just created the world’s first interactive skin shader and I’m on build .3 right now only 6 people in the world have it plus me so 7 Total I believe they like the test version and I’m adding more to it I added 9 more nodes to it yesterday, because it needed them. Sigh… :expressionless:

Putin’s Propaganda

Pure entry (all textures procedural and/or modeled/rendered/baked in blender), Cycles, 128 samples.

Every time I try one of these challenges I’m doing stuff I haven’t done before – this time it was modeling an orange’s navel to look like Trump’s mouth.

6 Likes

That is the great part of doing these challenges. They are just that and intended to get you out of your comfort zone and try new things and experiment. What is the worst that can happen, zero votes in a funzies challenge? And yet you still learned stuff along the way.

4 Likes