Challenge #841 (02/08/19) Entries CLOSED

Only for a short time. After a few million or a few 100.000 years it will probably explode and turn into a black hole. :wink:

1 Like

Actually, our sun doesn’t have enough mass to become a black hole.

1 Like

Cyrillic (Russian alphabet) cheat sheet for those that think they can just replace a letter with one that looks similar.

Ф = ‘F’ sound (not O)
Я = ‘Ya’ sound (not R)
И = ‘E’ sound (not N)
Ж = ‘J’ sound (not X or left/right K)
С = ‘S’ sound (not K, that’s what the К is for)

1 Like

Lol, ya I used a Soviet font text for my letters I have like 100,000 different fonts I can use in blender I don’t even know what all of them look like :thinking: the Soviet font is the first one I’ve used in WC and there are about 20 others I looked at.
I figured font texts would come in handy some day. :grin::yum::v::eyes:

1 Like
2 Likes

@Midnightcpu You actually don’t even need to install a font, you can just install russian keyboard support and switch to it in order to insert the proper unicode characters or just copy and paste the unicode characters. This is what I did to insert the characters in my post. Blender even supports them well. The scene that I’m making is for the Буран space shuttle and I thought it would be fun to try using Cyrillic/Russian for the object names as shown in the outliner here:

27_262x177_scrot

1 Like

Pure entry.
“Beep beep beep”

5 Likes

Hi! :smiley: This time I made it on time. Here is my little render. Tried to go for an old painted poster vibe, althou ended up far from that xd
“Onward!”

Blender 2.80 (!), Open (people are from MakeHuman), 0 samples
No, really, zero samples. Who would’ve thought that my first render in 2.8 will not be in brand new and exiting Evee, nor in Cycles that has seen a 105% speed up but in Workbench. Odd times. But it was fun.

Btw, is changing the select button back to right click in 2.8 officialy a crime? I’m afraid of the charges…

11 Likes

That’s right. However, our sun will never become a red super giant, either. Which is why I had to pick another star. Opting for a “red giant” when you could have used a “red super giant” would probably hurt your career in the office of propaganda rather badly. :wink:

1 Like

Something new to learn, but I think I’ll stick to my fonts I already do alot of work in 3d modeling, node making and alot other stuff I just created the world’s first interactive skin shader and I’m on build .3 right now only 6 people in the world have it plus me so 7 Total I believe they like the test version and I’m adding more to it I added 9 more nodes to it yesterday, because it needed them. Sigh… :expressionless:

Putin’s Propaganda

Pure entry (all textures procedural and/or modeled/rendered/baked in blender), Cycles, 128 samples.

Every time I try one of these challenges I’m doing stuff I haven’t done before – this time it was modeling an orange’s navel to look like Trump’s mouth.

6 Likes

That is the great part of doing these challenges. They are just that and intended to get you out of your comfort zone and try new things and experiment. What is the worst that can happen, zero votes in a funzies challenge? And yet you still learned stuff along the way.

4 Likes

@FlyingBanana, Definitely :grin::+1:

@KickAir_8P ive been out of my capability zone alot and just keep pushing through.
When I first started doing WC I was trying to do full scenes in 3 days thats all the time we had back then for WC now we have 5 days Wich gives me ample time to create a full scene.
I give tips and tricks every once in a while to help out, I’ve refranced photography and a whole field of stuff since I started using blender 12 years ago something I learned, refrance what your about to model and study the object, that’s how I know about jet engines I studied them for modeling but never actually modeled one yet. :grin::+1:.
You probably didn’t know jet engines run on air until the fuel is ignited to create thrust. :grin:

Tsar Bomba

Pure entry, all models are new and created entirely in Blender 2.8 (still Beta, haven’t installed the new release as I had to finish a contest entry first and didn’t want last minute trouble, should any arise). Cycles 256 samples + denoising, depicting the most powerful weapon ever detonated.

3 Likes

We have five days for the challenge now? When is voting?

Voting will start today, Monday, about 22:30 GMT (in a few hours).
It will close on Wednesday 23:00 GMT.

I’ll notify the winner shortly after that. The “official” start of the next round is Friday. However, if the winner manages to provide the new theme before that (usually that is the case), I’ll try to launch early. In this case someone who doesn’t need much/any sleep could work on the entry for almost 5 days straight (starting on Thursday morning). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do not Code for Fascism!

Pure entry. The iron cross was made with inkscape, the rest is made with Blender using only procedural textures.

I decided to try out eevee’s shader to rgb node. It is pretty handy for this posterized effect, and gives you a lot more control than cycles toon shader.

I tried to explore one key element of propaganda, namely the attempt to connect an idea with a common “enemy”.

Btw, the iron cross looks quite wrong because I made it without references and using only the touchpad, as I currently don’t have a desk nor internet at home. And I can’t legally used the other symbol which is easier to draw and to remeber. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lol, I’m getting ready to start making eye textures in blender, but I’m starting in gimp before I move to blender on eye texture making I’ll be using my tablet to make the textures the only time I use my tablet is for sculpting, but this will give it a new workout. :grin:
Been wanting to make my own textures in blender for a while, but never got around to doing it. :smirk:
Does the image paint have layers in blender, because I’ll need layers when texture painting. :thinking:

Red-io waves

Open Entry, the character and tea cups were got off Blendswap, composited in AE.

Run out of time on this one. I meant to give the character some clothes and close cropped haircut.

I decided to go with radio propaganda after being inspired by book that I am currently reading: Metro 2035, not to mention the book has ties to the theme.

After my run in with volumetrics in EEVEE I decided to test them out in cycles and boy did the render time go up.

7 Likes

“диван”

Non-competing.