Challenge #908 "Airport" (13/11/20) Entries CLOSED

Very creative. What are those things on top of the buildings? Landing ports?

Yep docking for the airships.

That airport was the reason for me chosing the theme :grin:

1 Like

Title: Personal hangar

Pure
Trying to make a small airport with a hangar, but I ran out of time. Just had two hours this time and I have not really modeled more than a couple of models the last few years. So this is also me trying to push myself to “complete” something, although I would love to spend another 3-4 hours on the plane to actually finish it and then texture it.
The textures for the ground is from cgtextures.com and I did not have time to do them properly either :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Had an extra hour so I redid the whole base model of the plane and followed some drawings of the airplane to make it look more correct and updated the textures a bit and added some windows.

3 Likes

“Home Port”

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 samples), Blender 2.92Alpha

10 Likes

Arrivals

Pure entry, 500 samples. Keeping it simple this week, been working nights at a mail sorting plant, harder than I thought it would be, need my rest :stuck_out_tongue:

@thondal: thank you :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Really like this one. Nice work!

1 Like

So hopefully I’ll have an entry this week. Unless I can’t fix blender crashing because I’m using assets from Kitbash3d.com my old PC can’t handle them without optimisation.

Air Port

Open entry, 60 samples with open denoiser @1920 x 1080, buildings and trees from kitbash3D, suit case by Jason Stark on sketchfab, hdri from hdrihaven and the dragon flies are mine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Aerodrome

Non-competing. Cycles, post pro in GIMP, background from Unsplash.

11 Likes

Quick abandoned airport indicative of the world’s current climate
“Abandoned Airport”
Pure

11 Likes

BER

Non-competing (pure).

I tried to make the BER, but I ended up not finishing it on time. The universe has a bitter taste for irony sometimes.

I should’ve just made a scale model instead. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Ready to Departure

Pure. First post here. :slight_smile: …simply, my dear macbook air’s cpu cores -and gpu that doesn’t exist- killed my dreams.

6 Likes

Didn’t work out (over-ambitious for the timeframe), came up with something faster:

Suzanne - Airport Map

Pure entry, Cycles render, 32 samples & compositor denoising in 2p91p0 beta (latest build). Central composition, 8x5 aspect ratio.

SuzannesAirportMap_003.blend (1.0 MB)

1 Like

Airport under the snow…

PURE

2 Likes

Last Flight

Non Completing - Non Competing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

USB (Air) Port
Open because I used a texture for the plastic.
Non competiting, rendered with cycles.
I also thought about modeling the BER airport but I did not have enough time this weekend.

4 Likes

Blender Luchthaven

Pure, Eevee with SSGI

1 Like

Very Nice!
Just take another 14 years and you can finish it :smiley:

1 Like

If I get enough funding, of course! :laughing:

1 Like