Challenge #911 "Adventure" (04/12/20) Entries CLOSED

Theme #911 for Friday 4th of December 2020 is:

Adventure

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Dec 7, 2020 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: The Explorer

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The secret journey through cookiland

pure

12 Likes

At first I thought you were making a Stargate.

2 Likes

Title: We’re here

I’am calling this one open rather than pure. Because although everything in it was made in blender for competitions they where not all for this competition. The sky and clouds came from my “Airport” entry, the birds from my “Flight” entry and the explorer was adapted from my witch in “Fear of hights” , just needed adaptations to her hat and then let the cloth do its dynamic thing :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Title: Cloudman

Pure Entry

All modeling done in Blender and some color touchup done in Photoshop.

I am not good with the anatomy of the human body, so I kinda just made a big ol fantasy character with an axe. This is my first time playing around with such large clouds, and there was a LOT of trial and error.

7 Likes

Road Trip

Open entry 1000 samples. Reused models from
Discovered in Ice :: Chilling (franciscocharrua.com) and
Aircraft and Air Vehicle :: Little Red Hover Car (franciscocharrua.com)

4 Likes

Suzanne - The Adventure Begins

Pure entry, Cycles render, 64 samples & compositor denoising in 2.91.0. Golden Sections / Phi Grid composition, 8x5 aspect ratio, 85mm focal length. Environment map is forest.exr (one of Blender’s included studiolights). Thing I did for this that I’ve never done in Blender before: modeled chain link mesh (starting with this tutorial).

Edited to add: had a bit more time, put in a couple of bolts’n’washers (trying to make the bit of visible cage framework look more like warning-painted metal and less like warning tape). The bolts started from BoltFactory, one of Blender’s included Addons.

SuzanneAdventureBegins023.blend (1.4 MB)

3 Likes

Adventuring can be dangerous Updated a few things. Thanks for the tip @rigoletto, I think you’re right about the torches.
PURE: All modeling and compositing were done in Blender. I did grab some texture images online.

16 Likes

OPEN " Speleology"
Open because lot of Ivygen used. Cycles 256s.

2 Likes

“How did I get into this?”

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 samples + OpenImageDenoise), Blender 2.92 Alpha

10 Likes

Title: A slice of miss adventure

Pure entry
Blender 2.91, cycles 512 samples + OpenImageDenoise

11 Likes

“Living on the edge”
Pure

A guy sitting on the edge of exploration on top of a cliff with high potential. It’s rendered in Evee.

14 Likes

“Adventure is Out There”
Open

13 Likes

Pure. Adventure after a certain age. Hic!

1 Like

“Crystal Skull”
Whats adventure if not Indiana Jones :D.
Rendered in Cycles, Pure.

5 Likes

99% Perfect, the really like the lightning and shadows.
Just kill the torches i my opinion.

Adventure is Waiting
Pure, Cycles, procedural textures, brushes, materials, some internal blender texture paint using a noise brush.

2 Likes

Open Entry: Get Away Cabin
200 Samples, 10min render time.

7 Likes

Space Explorer

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

Ready for departure!

4 Likes

Pure

4 Likes