Challenge #916 "Beautiful Wasteland" (08/01/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #916 for Friday 8th of January 2021 is:

Beautiful Wasteland

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jan 11, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Location, Location, Location

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So i guess i put just a nice whethered postcard or foto in a desert with scrap :smiley:

You mentioned in the rules that the entry should be as a message in the challenge thread. By message do you mean that I need to add my entry in comments??

It is that simple. :slight_smile: Just reply right here, paste your entry image into the reply and add a category (pure/open/non-competing). A title and some info about the entry would be nice - but that is not mandatory.

You can find a lot of examples in previous entry threads - like this one:

Ok, thanks

1 Like

Suzanne - Earthrise

Open entry, Cycles render, 128 samples & compositor denoising in 2.91.0. Composition is Rule of Thirds, 8x5 aspect ratio, 125mm focal length. Thing I did for this that I’ve never done in Blender before: modeled a spacesuit silhouette (starting from Suzanne, of course). And I don’t think I’ve ever gotten this finicky with the shadows – I’ve got two view layers just for getting some of the shadows deeper.

Open because the Earth graphic is from Wikipedia and I prepped it in GIMP.

Edited to add: had a bit more time, got better lighting and a few tweaks.

SuzanneEarthrise026packed.blend (1.4 MB)

4 Likes

Pure competing entry
Aerial Recon in the Mudlands
All done in EEVEE. 100% pure.

Originally, I had the sky a lot less desaturated, but I liked the look of having it stronger. It feels to me like it’s a sky that’s too beautiful, like something is very very wrong with the world and/or atmosphere.

6 Likes

Interstellar Deep Space

Non-competing (Open)

Nothing beats a wasteland like a deepest vacuum of interstellar space. And I am sure a beautiful sight looking back on the milky way.

5 Likes

Watching the World End

Pure, Competing
Rendered in Cycles, 512 Samples

This render shows a family watching a building explode atop of a broken building. Even though they are watching the world end, it is beautiful in it’s own way.

4 Likes

Spark of hope
Pure, cycles, 1024 samples, denoised, rendertime ~ 4min., all made in blender, textures painted in gimp, letter was written and distorted, used hair particles for the sand grain and a camera focus
inspired by the game “Wasteland” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasteland_(video_game)

7 Likes

Ok guys, be ready for my unrelentless modeling because, I’ll have a pc that’s twice the one I had meaning I can do bigger renders now in about two week.
Mmwwwaaaaahhhheahahahahahah " Evil Laugh. " :smiling_imp:
Joking but, I’ll have my pc in about two weeks guys and I’ll be back in again. :yum::grin:

1 Like

It has 10 processers and 8gig ram memory.
I’ll probably upgrade the RAM to 160gig. :grin:

1 Like

Galaxy Rise

Cycles, Pure

3 Likes

“Morning Dew”

non competing (pure), Cycles (512 samples), Blender 2.92 Alpha

13 Likes

700 sample cycles pure

11 Likes

Rocks with erosion and drying lake in the sunlight.

Pure. Clouds and rock texture are procedural. Color Management: Agfa Agfacolor Vista 200

7 Likes

Nice colored rocky scene. It is all procedural?
Is there a cube left at the right side?

Title: AI Drone179-Terraform potential-1770/Z9

Pure

7 Likes

The Monolith

Open - I used Quixel for the texture work
Cycles - 1000

10 Likes

The Present Becomes the Past

Pure entry, 300 samples. Managed to sneak in a double meaning.

3 Likes