Challenge #927 "Suzanne, Fuchsia, and the Default Cube" (26/03/21) Entries CLOSED

I’m working on

“It’s Suz Anne in a Box”
Pure

I really like the Suzanne accent idea. I took your advice and quickly changed it.

Haha, Suzanne hilt. Wouldn’t wanna mess with the guy who had that knife.

1 Like

PURE “ai suzanne”
aisuzanne
Only suzanne, cube and fuchsia used.

2 Likes

Suzanne in the garden, admiring her favorite fuchsia.
I used scatter for the background foliage. Tried blurring it even more, but poor Suzanne was looking too out of focus. So Pure if background assets can be used, else Open.
Updated. Adjusted the camera, a few material tweaks, and composited.

I’ve been meaning to make the time to join in the fun of the weekend challenge again; glad I did this week.

Original submission:

9 Likes

Suzzia

Hyped for a new operating system!

4 Likes

Planet Tree

Pure entry, a true tribute to the art of @KickAir_8P :wink: 555 samples, 555 by 555 image. Put some work into manually cleaning the tree, and redid the materials. Reduced the image size, so as to not make a big deal out my entry :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

“Lucky Strike”

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 samples + denoising), Blender 2.93.0 Alpha

5 Likes

A totem pole? :smiley:

1 Like

I’d just call it some kind of artifact. But that was definitely an influence. That and Asterix. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

No entry, was playing around and after looking at Suzanne it reminds me of an old classic movie, so i add the astronaut. :slight_smile:

Guess it…

4 Likes

The Call of Suzanne

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

Meshes are a lie. Everything is made of default cubes, even Suzanne. :smiley:

4 Likes

Thank You but it will be very hard to win… like always a lot of good entries… :slightly_smiling_face:

This time there seems to be some especially creative entries. @KickAir_8P picked an interesting theme!

Yes it’s very good idea… Give three things that must be include and let the games begin…
Everyone will make the same thing but on his own way and own iterpretation.

I wonder if there could be like a monthly 20 second animation contest. That would be interesting. I wonder if anyone else would be interested in something like that…

I also did not take it as a “must be included” thing. I just took the first thing I thought of when I saw default cube.

I think that is the question for Helge…
I can only speak for myself as a complete amateur that 20 seconds of animation might be a funeral for my pc. I think that 20 second animation costest might be only for “more advanced or proffesional” artists opposite to weekend challenge in current form where everybody amateur or proffesional is able to create something interesting…

I see what you mean. That’s why I was thinking like monthly rather than weekend, so artists have more time to render. But if you are putting that much work into it, why not just enter a contest with prize money?

I have my regular work not connectet to any 3D enviroment . Year ago I even didn’t know what Bleder is. Next year I 'go retirment maybe then I will focus on other contests … but still more for fun than money.

1 Like