Challenge #932 "Anime" (30/04/21) Entries CLOSED

Anime Bunny
Pure (touched up in GIMP)

5 Likes

Strelitzia

Non-competing, EEVEE + Freestyle. Using old model from a past challenge on another forum with similar theme.

Model :

11 Likes

Nice shading.

Actually, I was searching for a way to misinterpret the theme in a pun way. But that didn’t work, so I checked ‘Anime’ for nice anagrams. “Amine” works great and the rearranged letters also look very similar which (as @Boder said) amplifies the mind boggling. :wink:

1 Like

bike4

Bike

Pure - Started out with a simple wheel model so I could focus on the shaders and lighting, then started building the rest of the bike and the ground. Rendered in Eevee.

Currently a WIP but I doubt I’m going to have time to get it to a stage I’d call “finished” today. Hopefully will update later with a bit more detail on the bike’s body and background.
Update: some more modelling on the bike.
Update: added a rider (some crude low poly modelling plus subdiv - first time modelling a person!)

8 Likes

Doushite?

A random anime-like character (not based on any anime) makes a shocking revelation.

Pure. Eevee render. No post-processing. No freestyle. New sculpt (it has the anime eyes, but ended up with this nose :man_shrugging: clearly a style that needs more practice but ran out of time).

Most of the time was spent on new materials (including the world shader). Learnt that the Fresnel node can also be [ab]used for outlines. The Shader to RGB and Snap Vector Math nodes are doing most of the cell-work.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Pure
Tanjiro’s Sword from Demon Slayer

This was quick and dirty, and doesn’t look that great. But I wanted to make something this week. So here it is. Everything was done in blender. I used Mac Coyzkie’s YT, https://youtu.be/9BYzPjSiwJE, vid as a guide for a few parts, but I didn’t copy him or anything. If I had it would’ve actually looked good lol.

4 Likes

Nice and simple.
I think it would a great improve with a bright spot on the blade, also for a more dramatic shadow and a bright reflection.

1 Like

pure entry, “lain”. Cycles 200/denoising, node comp and use of “fluent” for the wires

could be titled “serial issues” and now Duvet is stuck in my head.
Thanks, fun but hard theme!

3 Likes

I tried to implement some of what u said. Does it look any better?

Yes, the highlight on the blade makes it much more interesting and visible. :slight_smile:
Maybe put a little point light on the tip of the blade to give an extra highlight if you want to play more.

1 Like

Thanks. I don’t really have time to do any more to it right now, but I’ll probably add a tip light for fun some time. Thanks for the advice! :smiley:

1 Like

Makes me think of Speed Racer. (God that song)

Thanks to RGB to Shader node and cranking up shadow cascade size resolution. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I didn’t know whether to go Eevee or Cycles ; I knew about the Toon Shader so I wanted to play with it. I probably should have watched some tutorials or read the manual instead of just playing with it. Oh well.

Demon paraphernalia
Pure, Cycles

Uploaded 30 minutes late, there’s a Work In Progress version if that’s too much.

1 Like

Yup, that works too. I used Cycles and toon shader on a previous WEC entry.

1 Like

I would think the Toon Shader would work in Eevee and not Cycles, but it is the reverse.

Ah, more anime!

1 Like

jona indohito.
pure

I bit off a little bit more than I can chew (or so). Clearly WIP: I rushed the hair and am not happy with the face. But I like some of the details of the shirt and trousers and have ideas for more.

6 Likes

Let’s get some voting done:

1 Like