Challenge #935 "Glitches and Noise" (21/05/21) Entries CLOSED

Back alley

Pure, cycles 8 samples, obviously denoised, used a back alley photo from google and fspy it for fast layout. All materials are made in blender, used no textures. This denoised trick looks really beautiful, hope nvidia keeps this denoiser and not replace it with a newer one or keeps the old too. A newer might not give this results. Anyway this feels cheating. :smiley:
Really nice theme, @Millani. Thanks for bring this up.:slight_smile:

Entry:

Original, normal render 1024s without denoise and blendfile

distorted_alley10.blend (513.0 KB)

4 Likes

pure entry, cycles 128.

quick head modeling and then messing with nodes.
thanks for the fun

3 Likes

Blender with face and hands image from internet search
The Television has you.

3 Likes

Loading title…
Cool animation
Non-competing (pure).

My very first animation! The loading screen is a bit buggy, but I promise it gets really cool afterwards. :smiley:

13 Likes

The Display

Added noise effects and distortions to the TV screens. This was the kind of picture quality one got on the old cathode tubes.

I’m thinking of adding the word shameless to the title…

Open entry, 1000 samples. Killer week at work, a friend called me on Friday to tell me about an argument that occurred. The more we do, the more they want, oh boy. Will be making small changes and posting the final version tomorrow.

Sources:

Old School :: Columns and Rows (franciscocharrua.com) the floor
Lack of Inspiration :: Lateral Damage (franciscocharrua.com) the record player and the keyboard
Macro :: Computer (franciscocharrua.com) the speaker and shelf support
Changes :: A Work in Progress (franciscocharrua.com) the TV and the shelves
Everything Louder than Everything Else :: Wall of Sound (franciscocharrua.com) the speakers
Wrinkles :: Lazy Morning (franciscocharrua.com) the wall
Contrast :: Analog (franciscocharrua.com) the TV

3 Likes

Morning-De-Noiser (Pure)

• Used: Cycles (Layers of three and four samples), Denoiser, Blur Node
  • Description: When we want to be caffeinated to de-noise our morning. Holy coffee itself already has been de-noised!
10 Likes

can you see something?

Pure 800 sampels and samples 8
(I am a little ashamed to show mine with all the good submissions, but I don’t have time anymore, you can get the idea, I think)

3 Likes

“Glitschig”

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 samples, adaptive sampling, NLM denoising), Blender 2.93.0 Beta

6 Likes

Glitchy Window

Open, Made the glitch effect using the compositor nodes. Used a hdri background from hdrihaven and some texture downloaded online.

4 Likes

Nice idea :),
but it is hardly recognized as mobile phone.
A battery icon and similar would nice and for this near shot the bevel and button should be more remarkable.

NIce, details.
The earplugs might hurt :smiley:

1 Like

Haha yeah my girlfriend asked what the orange frame is … if you need to explain a joke … the battery icon is very good or something other than an orange frame x)

Sleep paralysis demon

(Pure, new models, Cycles, 1 sample, composite ghost-glare node before denoise is doing most of the work.)

When RL glitches.

3 Likes

I shouldn’t watch that tape…

Open I’ve used some models from my other projects to fill the room. Well scene render in Cycles 5 samples.

3 Likes

How do you know (pure, WIP)

Screenshot (Spoiler)

This is the first test render from saturday. It misses important parts including the final reveal. :-/ The final version is still rendering. not sure, if it makes in time.

We had holydays here in Germany and I dedicated it to learn about animations.

4 Likes

How do you know …
(pure, eevee)

3 Likes

What’s that noise? Ah! The voting thread it ready:

1 Like

I should add some ear buds.

That’s a nice animation. I really liked the camera movements, they felt quite realistic. The story was also nicely told, especially considering the duration of the animation and the time you had to create this.

Thank you, Millani, I appriciate your comment, esp as it is one of my first animations. I knew about some beginner’s mistake to avoid (too slow, too smooth) but the rest was just “winging it” :-).

And yes, i concentrated me on the animation from the very beginning as I know that was the most risky and challenging part for me.

1 Like