Challenge #937 "Upgrade" (04/06/21) Entries CLOSED

My computer needs this button

First entry in awhile, hope you like it.

4 Likes

click, blue screen :laughing:

Title : ‘Hacker Upgrade’

Pure
Eevee
Competing

This very nearly killed my GPU, I had to split stuff off to the Compositer, I need and upgrade from a laptop with a 1 Gig Gpu and 8 Gig ram…

8 Likes

Flight

sooner than I thought

Open entry, 1000 samples. The model was taken from last week’s entry, Scarlet :: Lady (franciscocharrua.com), one could call what I did to it, an upgrade. The clouds came from Aircraft and Air Vehicle :: Little Red Hover Car (franciscocharrua.com). More to come…

“Cetonia aurata”

non competing (pure), Cycles X (256 samples, adaptive sampling), Blender 3.0.0 alpha (cycles-x branch)

16 Likes

Open entry, done with blender 2.9
I also used photoshop do adjust light/color, with post-processing.

Good luck to everyone :smile:

4 Likes

Upgrade your mind for surviving with smart

Pure-Blender 2.92-Cycles

1 Like

“Sara had to admit: the ‘transform’ button of ‘My First Rocket’ was kinda cool.”

(open: little Sara is an older model of me. The wood texture is from poliigon.)
alternative title: “my first rocket”.

The space station is pure. I finally gave geometry nodes a go and kitbashed some extensions on some primitives.

[Edited: The normals were wrong. so I had to redo it anyway. Fix some lightning and compositing as well. Added Laaaaaaasaars! :slight_smile: ]

Original entry:

Original space staton:

3 Likes

Non-competing (pure).

Behind the scenes shot on my Twitter.

11 Likes

SPEED-UP

pure entry, eevee 2.92, competing.

I had great plans for fire and smoke effect, but didn’t manage much. Next contest maybe…

8 Likes

Now that is an upgrade. You are attaching wings next time.

How many lights do you have on this scene?

pure entry, cycles 200

some Fluent and Layer Painter to help.

1 Like

tomato-juice

drink is pure,the entry not :3

3 Likes

Upgrade?

Pure - Blender 2.92 - Cycles, 512 samples, 1920x1080

Hello everyone! Although this is my first entry to a weekend challenge, I have followed them for a while and am always impressed by the artwork that is posted. I am still quite new to Blender (and art in general), so any comments, suggestions, or critiques would be welcome. Procedural material advice would be especially appreciated. Thank you!

1 Like

Skills upgrade…

OPEN Most of my models since my journey with blender begins in march 2020
It all started from the simple sword on the left…

4 Likes

Tower of In-spire-ation
pure cycles

Old images

2 Likes

A colorful bunch of upgrades:

Which one do you like best?

Oh no! I got fooled by the post’s time zone! I’m sorry I missed the deadline, but I worked on this my first scene in Blender for this contest. I should have converted GMT to PDT!

The submission is pure, but as I’ve missed the deadline, it’s non-competing. It’s all original, and rendered in Eevee.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that. This happens from time to time. I just added your entry to the new thread as a non competing one. This way it still gets some visibility.

1 Like