Challenge #950 "A Giant Toy" (03/09/21) Entries CLOSED

The Giant Toy

Open: Remote in foreground exported asset from StormWorks: Build and Rescue. The Craft was made by me in StormWorks: Build and Rescue and exported to Blender where it was cleaned and posed for motion blur.

Cycles render, 64 samples, OpenImage denoising, Blender compositing.

Concept (Warning: possibly TMI)

“Strange, isn’t it, that warfare has come down to fencing with complicated toys that only a few seedy scholars can make or understand.”— Herman Wouk

Hi everyone… Ironically got covid symptoms on the day my gov announced vax registration for my age-group. Been playing Stormworks a lot while recovering from long covid to keep my nervous system stimulated as that took quite a knock…
There is a “Weapons DLC” coming out soon for this game… a game which has been predominantly about building cool things and performing search and rescue operations. I feel like this image represents my mixed feelings about the turnaround from rescue to war. On the one had looking forward to the flashy explosions, but on the other wary of the real world “inspirations”.

P.S. Thankful to be mostly recovered from covid and alive - and my thoughts go out to others still recovering, it can be rough.

6 Likes