Challenge #951 "It’s a Hard Life" (10/09/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #951 for Friday 10th of September 2021 is:

It’s a Hard Life

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Sep 13, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: You win, you lose

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Such a picture came in my mind first.

Not sure if i go about the stupid behind the hammer or the tortured nails. :smiley:

Hint 4 is quite usefull, did not thought this way about holding a nail.

6 Likes

Title: Toilet Terror

Pure, Cycles, post made in blender compositor
Blender 2.93.2

15 Likes

nice, I would have called it something the end of the roll, or just end of the roll :wink:

3 Likes

“To Better Days”
non-competing

Eevee

6 Likes

Xxxx you hammer
Pure, cycles 512 samples, opendenoiser, rendertimer ~2min., all made in blender, only nodes for materials, used motion blur to get it more living, i think it makes a nice wallpaper :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I like this direction! It stays away from getting cynical with the topic and giving the nails hard hats was a great idea.

I started something today that takes a pretty loose interpretation of the theme as well, but I suppose we’ll see if I’ve got the grit to finish it this weekend.

I look forward to seeing what the rest of you come up with in any case!

2 Likes

It’s truly a hard time :rofl:

1 Like

Hello,
PURE entry “The last bus”
Cycles 256. Lot of particles meshes and cycles nodes used. Insects mesh and textures used instead of faked dust icospheres. Couldnt get more detail because low memory errors occured XD. Yes, the title refers to the movie with the same title but also to real hard life.

8 Likes

“Hard Shell”

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 adaptive samples + NLM denoiser), Blender 2.93.4

6 Likes

Rock Hard Life

Pure, Cycles

A quick project any critique would be welcome

4 Likes

Hi,
PURE entry “When workweek hits…”

Waking up for Monday morning is always a hard thing to do…
Cycles, Blender 2.93.0, Phone screen downloaded and used as a texture, everything else modeled by hand, Materials: BlenderKit, or set manually. I choose the dark theme because of the “early morning” time frame…

Advice and critique are welcomed.

6 Likes

Dead Line

pure entry, 600 samples. Based on recent experiences at work. Sometimes the faster you want to go, the slower things happen.

6 Likes

"And there it goes ag- "
Pure (lol)

Had a different idea initially, was working on it then this idea came to mind, and since this is quite easier to make I just went with this XD

3 Likes

Hahaha absolutely amazing. It really is a hard life for the default cube!
Always a good day to be the cube that needs to be added so we can get started though.

It’s a Hard Life in Raccoon City:

Pure, Blender 3.0 Alpha with Cycles-X, 512 samples with denoising
All textures are procedural + sculpt vertex colors except for the R.P.D., which is Blender text baked onto a plane to an image with some noise for the scratch marks.

I wish I had one more day to polish up the composition a bit, but I gotta get back to the grind tomorrow. Still though, I did get what I wanted out of it. I’ve been watching a ton of Resident Evil speedruns and I loved Resident Evil Outbreak, so I knew I wanted to do a scene from that game. I was originally going to do the waiter and the zombie in J’s Bar to really emphasize it’s a hard life for him, but I didn’t really want to do the no-name waiter, and I didn’t care much for the zombie design, so I kept J’s Bar and sculpted Kevin Ryman and a police zombie instead! They’re both a bit rushed in a lot of places, but I’m pretty happy with how they came out with the time limit.

Anyway, good stuff so far! I look forward to seeing the other last minute submissions tomorrow!

5 Likes

it’s a hard life
Cycles, pure.

sometimes you get an idea and have to see it through no matter what.

5 Likes

It’s a Hard Life

Pure - Blender 2.93.4 - Cycles

4 Likes

Hello everybody! I am just new in the community and I am starting with Blender and this challenge is just great to wake imagination up! Great and inspiring ideas are already shown in this weekend challenge!

Here I go with my approach to it:

Pure entry, only Blender used and everything modelled for this challenge.
Title: “Don´t worry, my human will fix it”
Explanation: Life is hard and sometimes you just want to come home, throw yourself in a comfortable chair and do noth… I mean do freak things in Blender (right?) But your loving four-legged friend has prepared a really warm welcome…

Comments are highly appreciated! Thanks!

8 Likes

Big City Life

Pure: Got a bit lost with the geometry nodes and didn’t quite get all that far - ran out of time. Cycles render, 64 samples, Optix denoise.

4 Likes

And now: On to the hard part!