14 Likes

Here goes my first entry.
Title: Thermite

pure

14 Likes

Hi everyone!
First time condener here, though not new to Blender :slight_smile:

Title: Cold Brew

Cycles - 1024 Samples (special sub samples though), Optix.

Pure

15 Likes

What Do You Want To Do Today?

Very Pure

8 Likes

Energetic

Non-competing

Cycles X, 64 samples, denoising, open

Hey all. Looks like a lot of similar ideas generated. Pretty awesome renders. My render made my computer cry last night. 100,000 particle system using metaballs. About 11 hours to render this little clip at 60 fps. Fire explosion composited in with Resolve Studio. Everything new except for the fire effect (productioncrate $).

Energeticv2

10 Likes

Radioactive
Pure
Cycles, 128 samples.

Hello everyone!, this is my first entry, and my first time to use cloth simulation and mess with the volumetric settings to create fumes, also it’s worth mentioning that procedural shading is fun!

8 Likes

Pure. Cycles 1024 samples.
Title: A piece of burning wood.

Procedural materials, some particles and sculpted boxes. Hope you enjoy it.

9 Likes

Pinky and the Brain?

Yeah, he should be the brain, yesterday I thought this morning would be the end, but I have more time for the picture … Maybe some things are clearer then :kissing_closed_eyes:

Hm, Cosmo, what do you want to do tonight?

“The same thing we do every night, - try to take over the world!”

:scream: It was all so long ago and then I just googled the slogen, I knew roughly how it was :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oxytocin

Pure, Eevee render.

Bla bla bla

Managed to make some scruffy-looking-supposed-to-be voles this week to represent the “love” chemical reaction… :man_shrugging:
Been struggling to pick subjects that I can manage to finish in time… e.g.

… that’s how far I got with last weeks challenge. Tried to do a Ecce Romani style diorama and didn’t get very far… lol.

Nice entries this week, good luck all.

4 Likes

Chemical reaction

Pure - Blender - Cycles

And Happy birthday @fcharr

1 Like

Last minute entry so I downloaded a bunch of royalty free models and threw this together.

CHEMICAL BONDING

4 Likes

Open(because of size)
Title: Chemistry… is just magic

This idea has come to me when i was thinking about the theme… they are always some basic elements that react together and it is always about “energy transfers”, and that are the main reasons of “things”… so I was trying to create “fire deer stag” and “ice deer stag” that are fighting - reacting together… and in the middle… the “magic” is going on… fun project… I am really grateful for these challenges… I was looking for some motivation to practice more and I have found it here…

“Chemistry”

Pure, Cycles (256 samples), Blender 2.93
I made the ink drop effect with the help of this tutorial. The lighting is with an HDR image from here. I guess that still qualifies this as a pure entry.

7 Likes

Let’s continue the experiments over here: