Challenge #957 "Network" (22/10/21) Entries CLOSED

Social Networking

(Mannequin from Mixamo and I downloaded 1 free PBR texture everything else was in Blender and GIMP)

3 Likes

“The Social Network”

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 adaptive samples + NLM denoising), Blender 2.93.5

19 Likes

Title: “To disconnect”

Non-Competing

First time submitting something. Guess it is open as used a couple of materials from the BlenderKit, but otherwise, it would be Pure as all models were made by me.

6 Likes

Network

Pure - Blender - Cycle

2 Likes

Neuronal network

Pure - Blender 2.9

14 Likes

don’t you have a smartphone?

Open - Rope texture wuhu …
one day i will try again to make a better rope

5 Likes

Webwork
Pure - Cycles

8 Likes

My Little Corner of the World

Pure entry, 1000 samples

2 Likes

Hey nice render.

Are those Cycles X samples?

nope, I don’t have one of those yet :wink: just regular cpu core samples

Here’s what I have so far.

My idea is an eerie scene with many robed figures networked into an ominous machine at the center.

Here are some thumbnail ideation sketches and a few test blockout renders I did to try and get a good composition:

I’m not sure yet if I’ll do the final in Eevee or Cycles (If I even get that far)

Edit:

I’m not super happy with it, but meh.

TITLE: Gross Alien Renderfarm Network
(Pure)

4 Likes

That’s an interesting idea for network. That looks like the mood is coming together. What if you could do more of a top view?

1 Like

I liked that parclite gave references to his render methodology last week (beautiful render last week btw). I will do the same.
Circuit board material:
[www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iO-7RbDSw8]
[www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOsImPUo1Vk]
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3zI2ep74DU]
The trick is that crackle isn’t in the 2.93 voronoi node now…but…here’s how to replicate it:
https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/181779/how-do-i-replicate-the-chebychev-crackle-with-the-new-voronoi-node
Anyway, just having fun. Hope you all are as well.

Title: Neural Network
Pure.

3 Likes

Put your desktop on the screen :slight_smile:

1 Like

A network of cracks in lava. Open - the horse statue is from polyhaven.com and the fairy lights are the same ones I made for my lampshades scene a while ago. I wanted to use the horse for testing shaders, then I saw the topic for this weekend and was inspired to do cracked lava.

10 Likes

Title: Network Movement

Pure
Cycles,1000 samples, Optix denoiser

6 Likes

Whoah you recreated my scene so quick! Haha. Thanks for the Idea. I definitely need to explore more ideas. I think that may have communicated the idea better than my final product, haha.

1 Like

It became something different. It now hangs on the wall.

Network Cube Room
pure

3 Likes

Neural

Pure - Abstract experiment using Sapling for dendrites, a mess of geometry-nodes, displacement modifiers and particles… Cycles, 128 Samples , Optix-Denoise. Compositing in Blender.

Nice work everyone :+1:

3 Likes