Challenge #958 "Isolated" (29/10/21) Entries CLOSED

Lost At Sea

(Sailboat free from turbosquid.com)

8 Likes

Isolation
Open. It is almost entirely assets from Daz.

Details

Original Title: Eyes In A Crowd

Is this too open? Maybe it should be non competing. It is almost entirely assets from Daz.

The figures are Daz Studio Genesis 3 characters. So are the clothes and textures. Paint Shop Pro for Splododyne logo.

Posed in Daz. Exported as .obj with material library. Imported into Blender, duplicated, eyes modified, instanced, and positioned. The normals were not right on the imported objects. I used edit mode->mesh->normals->set from faces to fix them. Flipping and recalculating did not fix it.

Lighting is hdri plus one area light on the people plus one area light on the background plane.

Render: B2.92, cycles, 1m 43s, 806 samples, adaptive sampling, no denoise, 2x gtx1070ti

I like art that can be interpreted by the viewer in many ways. When I look at this I find interpretations and ideas other than the one I originally intended so I’m happy with it.

3 Likes

pure

“pure isolated”

5 Likes

Pure :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Even though it’s WIP, I liked it very much!

1 Like

It’s always tea time.

Pure. after a lot of bad smoke simulations i took a smoke picture and used alpha.
I was powerless against the fireflies 2400 stamps with denoising data … was like mud, so it is without.

1 Like

“The Great Escape”

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 adaptive samples + OptiX denoising), Blender 2.93.5

12 Likes

Here’s my entry.
“Relay Echo Five Whiskey”

Pure, rendered in Eevee.

I wanted to do more with the idea, but it was still fun to see what I could finish with my time. I had fun messing with different composition ideas.

1 Like

Isolated

Pure - Blender 2.93 - Cycles

2 Likes

Windows 2020

Open entry, 1000 samples. All models are taken from previous entries.

3 Likes

Sea of Loneliness

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

7 Likes

Layers of Isolation

Open (used Makehuman for the person)

3 Likes

Prisoner

Open Entry because the brick wall is a Blenderkit texture with displacement and makes up most of the Image. But everything else is modeled by me.

13 Likes

It takes me a moment to reallize there are 2 isolated :smiley:

2 Likes

“Different = Isolated”

Pure, 500 samples, NLM Denoiser,

9 Likes

Alone
Open: cycles x 256 samples , very easy to do with botaniq addon…

8 Likes

Lighthouse

Pure: Cycles and Eevee composite.

9 Likes

The Island

pure

6 Likes

And it seems to you the thing to do would be to isolate the winner:

At least that is what Pink Floyd said… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pink Floyd FTW

1 Like