Challenge #991 "The best of @Helge work redesigned" Entries CLOSED

Most of use were here when you took over 5 years ago. :grin:
I remember. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Actually, I’ve been participating a little longer than that. :wink:
But don’t worry. A lot of it has been lost in the image eating forum migration incident a few years ago.

Helge’s “Not My Rules!” but Rambo Style

Non-competing (Pure)

Cycles, 4096 samples, Post slight saturation increase and edge with Paintshop Pro

based on:

10 Likes

The title of my entry can be found in this song: Disturbing the Priest (2004 Remaster) - YouTube . Can anyone guess?

Non competing inverted “Crossing Over

6 Likes

I got inspired by the challenge #983 “Peaceful Place”
The idea was everyone needs a peaceful place :slight_smile:
If I have time I might improve it during the weekend. But a lovely challenge :heart:

Pure, cycles

6 Likes

Munch
Pure, cycles, 1024 samples, no denoise, rendertime < 10sec., all made in blender except the textures for the caterpillar are made in krita.

Remake:

Harvest_Day7.blend (3.8 MB)

Original:
harvest_day

9 Likes

I know which one I want to do, but I have to find it again I found it last night, but I couldn’t get the images to show.
I guess it was the migration thing helge was talking about.
I might have to go off of what I could read on it. :grin:
@Helge might remember when I finish it. :sweat_smile:It will have little arms. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’m also going with peaceful place, but a modern variation.
No addons used, except for decal machine.
(edit) I must say, modelling a sledge hammer head is somewhat more tricky than one might imagine at the onset!
(edit) I was going to put some more stuff in the scene, but this file is buggier than heck even after I appended the scene to a fresh file, for some reason.
(edit) small correction…scatter was used to distribute the pebbles ( which I made ) only because grease scatter was not enabled and scatter was, but it was just simple scattering with no fancy stuff, so I don’t think it matters? I leave it up to Helge.

6 Likes

Frigid Bridge

Pure
Based on ‘Winter Bridge’ from Challenge #960

Work-In-Progress

WIP 2

10 Likes

The Battle of the Sun and the Moon

Pure entry, blender 3.2 Cycles. I had to give the sun some sun glasses. I used geometry nodes on most of the objects. Now that I only work 4 days a week, I have the energy to explore a little more :slight_smile:

6 Likes

One Giant Leap for Party Time

Pure, Cycles, 10 Samples
Alluding to Helge’s “Moon Pool Mood” of challenge no. #952 “Holiday on the moon.”
(Challenge #952 "Holiday on the moon" (17/09/21) Entries CLOSED)

8 Likes

Title:Maybe Never (2022: Welcome to Mars. ‘Maybe Next Year’ by Helge redesign).

Pure. 3.2. Cycles.

I really liked the idea of aliens endlessly waiting for someone to visit them: Challenge 967 2022: Welcome to Mars

9 Likes

what would Helge do…

open

7 Likes

"LED-Throwies checking out their antique ancestor :slight_smile: II”

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.2.0

I Recreated my (I think) second weekend challenge entry (#532).

:slight_smile:

13 Likes

Pure, entry just blender 3.0
Here is my entry based on the Challenge called Dinosaur #888
The question is, is the knight the preditor or the pray?

9 Likes

Sunset Glasses

Pure
Background image taken from Pro-Lighting Skies add-on.
All other models made in Blender.

Reference from Challenge 885: Challenge #885 Voting CLOSED

9 Likes

Okay it’s the first time i actually got an idea for this challenges… but for this (even if i don’t really know the artwork/artist :sweat_smile:) it would be unsuitable for only making one image… :thinking: then maybe i can make a comic page telling the tiny story i was thinking of… after some :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: time learning that i’m not an comic story telling artist :sob: i quiited :hot_face:… but there was this catchy tune playing in my head :crazy_face: and so i just made this animation…

So pure blender rendering and video editing and non competing :wink: :

The secret behind the avatar

and the hidden name in plain sight.

(I hope it’s viewable for everybody.)

16 Likes

really psychodelic art :smile:

MACRO (Behind the Scenes)

Pure entry. Except for one small texture, everything was made in Blender.

This is the behind the scenes from Helge’s entry from WC #622 - Photography. I wondered who would’ve take the picture of the little critter reading a book, and I thought a caterpillar with a tiny camera must’ve done it.

Here is the scene from the point of view of the caterpillar:

And here is the original for reference (the image sadly disappeared from the corresponding thread):

Thanks again for @Helge for going through his archive to find this picture and sending it to me. :smiley:

14 Likes