Challenge #995 "Archaeological Discovery" (15/07/22) Entries CLOSED

Theme #995 for Friday 15th of July 2022 is:

Archaeological Discovery

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jul 18, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Egg Stone

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Dinosaur Bones

Pure entry, blender 3.2 cycles

12 Likes

Ancient Alien :alien: (non-competing)

Pure, Cycles
As known from television, Giorgio A. Tsoukalos, the Ancient Aliens Guy.

11 Likes

Excavating the Present

Pure, Blender 3.0 Cycles

5 Likes

Non-competing non-entry. Done long ago with trueSpace for a contest with the theme “strange discovery”.

“click … buzz … click … Sir? … Burgess sir, Dr. Burgess. I’m an archeologist … I understand. It gave me a good laugh too but it’s not a hoax … Approximately life size. Tool marks and some sand around it indicate it was abraded using other stones … between 4000 and 11000 … no, I can’t explain it.”

8 Likes

Dormant Desert
Pure

8 Likes

Digital Archaeology
Open, cycles, 8192 samples, optix denoiser, rendertime ~20min, all made in blender except the screen texture, the pics are screenshots/downloads from the net, i get rid of these disturbing displays and make a much more calm picture, need the high samples to get rid of the grungy background

digital_archaeology10.blend (872.3 KB)

Previous

i need still to draw view more to the foreground, i think with an alien coffecup asap i have an idea how an alien coffecup looks like :smiley:

6 Likes

OPEN “final proof”

OPEN because i have used Makehuman to make Giorgio body.

9 Likes

“Fossilized Planet”

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.3.0 Alpha

15 Likes

Title: Yet Another Ancient Ritual / Burial Site…

Pure. 3.2. Eevee.

9 Likes

Buried Altar

Pure, Blender 3.3, Compositing in Blender and Krita
Cycles, Denoised, All textures procedural

Finally got my hands free after a long time so I decided to participate. Still feels the same!

21 Likes

please make a thread in #artwork:finished-projects and provide some breakdown/process information for this, I would love to know more about how you made this!

7 Likes

The Sarcophagus of Suzannkhamon

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

I’ll try to add some other things tomorrow if I have time.

Old version

18 Likes

“Ancient” artifact

Pure entry.

10 Likes

What we found in the grave… Ancient artifacts.

ETA: Pure.

6 Likes

Just as i see your nice entry i got a nice idea i wish i had earlier, turning this mask in a susanne version :slight_smile:

7 Likes

My idea was a refrigerator in a derelict house that had been forgotten for many years and the “archaeological” contents of the refrigerator. A pack of minced meat with an expiry date of 12/1977, milk, cheese etc. Contents of the fridge 30-50 years later :slight_smile:

But unfortunately still and no time at all for weeks :-/ Hope it will be better again in autumn :slight_smile:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Volcano Roll

Open. Modeling in ZBrush. Texturing in Substance Painter. Final layout, look-dev, and rendering in Blender with Cycles.

6 Likes