Challenge #996 "Life Cycle" (22/07/22) Entries CLOSED

Theme #996 for Friday 22th of July 2022 is:

Life Cycle

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jul 25, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Rolling

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Life Cycle? :smiley:
Like the old xbox advertising:

3 Likes

(not an entry)

So basically my plan is:

E G G

That’s it so far.

6 Likes

From the River to the Sea

Pure entry, blender 3.2 cycles.

6 Likes

A clinic building: A pregnant woman comes from the left to give birth in the clinic. Not in the woman’s field of vision, on the right at a side entrance to the clinic you can see an undertaker transporting a coffin to his hearse…

4 Likes
"From a Grave of Ashes" -

(Pure, Non-Competing. )
For this challenge, I chose the legendary bird known as the phoenix, as it has a unique life cycle. I didn’t have a ton of time to work on it, but I hope you like the result! Rendered in eevee, with a heavy use of geometry nodes.

9 Likes

Everlasting Slushy Cup (non-competing)

Pure, Cycles

5 Likes

‘Hidden Hatchling’

Open- The leaf is a downloaded image, and the bark material and HDRI are from PolyHaven.

14 Likes

“Ant Geode”

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.2.1

10 Likes

Eat and get eaten
Pure, cycles 512 samples, optix, rendertime ~1min., all made in blender except the texture is downoaded and prepared in gimp, the fishes are sculpted. Used simple alpha planes for the background. I brighten it up i gimp a bit. Thought about a shark but it feels to much.

eat_and_get_eaten12.blend (2.8 MB)

Previous unfocused

8 Likes

Title: The Light

Pure. 3.2. Cycles

7 Likes

I’m surprised I’m the only person who sees a way to take this title literally and would make someone riding a stationary bike which is wired up to a pacemaker or dialysis machine of some kind! Don’t have time to enter though, so if anyone wants that, feel free! Also, the immortal jellyfish would be a fun one!

3 Likes

Title: Neverending Mowing
Pure entry

I was originally going to make this a cyclic animation with the grass growing back, but it became kinda a tall order for a weekend.

8 Likes

I see great minds think alike. Well, close.

Here’s my entry -“Nest”.

Pure.

10 Likes

Memories of science fairs long past.

Pure. Leaf texture from Pixabay, colour corrected in Blender, butterfly textures my own.

6 Likes

EGG :upside_down_face:

Bottom Text

The_Lamb_Lies_Down_on_Broadway

Genesis - Anyway - YouTube

A song to go with your entry :wink:

3 Likes

Last stop before we enter the next cycle:

2 Likes