Challenge #1012 "Another brick in the wall" (11/11/22) Entries CLOSED

If I was a horror artist, I would for sure make a brick wall out of human heads- or skulls, like the catacombs- something about the phrasing of “another” immediately made me think of that. I’m not, though, so the idea is freely open to anyone :wink:

4 Likes

Indeed, people come up with strange ideas as soon as bones start to pile up.

2 Likes

Thats a nice shot from the catacombs of that chapel:

2 Likes

Like this?

(Catacombs of Paris…)

5 Likes

Non-competing. One of my old renders. Inspired by the Pink Floyd album.

8 Likes

Kill Everyone - The Wall [Pink Floyd Full Album Cover] - YouTube I’m thinking of taking this route.

3 Likes

Geometry nodes could play a role here. Not for me personally since I know little about them.

1 Like

New Employee (non-competing)

Pure, Cycles.
Welcome to the machinery. Leave your soul and zest for life at the door.
You get them back in forty to fifty years when you are old, sick, and ugly.
Now, it is time for capital, money, expansion, profit…
Not for you, of course, just for the top of the pyramid.
Have a nice day, sir.

8 Likes

Fairy Tail

Pure, Cycles. 200 sampels
I’m trying to do a daytime scene… with no background,I’m using fog and leaves and wood… and for the compositor, mist pass and use the defocus node mix with blur… for this fairy tale I was exciting as a kid every time I listen…and I often want to…until the last attack of the wolf was done…

14 Likes

Suzanne’s Brick Work

Pure, Blender 3.3, EEVEE 64s

6 Likes

Price of Progress

Pure
Here’s janky and maybe unfinished render.

6 Likes

One trick that I like is to configure the mist pass and use the defocus node in the compositor. This way you can just throw rough shapes and colors in the background and have them all blurred together.

7 Likes

Here’s my entry - Brick

I kind of drew a blank, but unfortunately this is what came to mind when I free-associate the word “brick”. So why not?
Pure, cycles. Two logos and an emoji downloaded from the internet, processed in Gimp. Plus, it took a while to figure out how to make the brick texture work properly…

8 Likes

Goodbye Blue Sky

Pure entry, blender 3.3 cycles. Another Brick in the Wall is a phrase you can hear a couple of times in the album by Pink Floyd called The Wall. One of the songs on it is called Goodbye Blue Sky.

6 Likes

that works really great, thank you

1 Like

Stealing another brick from the wall

non competing (open - reused one of the ants from #996), Cycles, Blender 3.3.1

12 Likes

Haha nice challenge idea!

2 Likes

I hadn’t planned on making an entry this time as I knew I had very limited time. When I saw the topic I knew I wanted to try something even though I knew I wouldn’t come close to completion before the deadline.
Pink Floyd’s “The Wall” came out during my freshman year in high school, and “Another Brick in the Wall” was a huge hit with us rebellious students. I decided to try to model “Mother”, which was also my favorite song on the album.
Here is my WIP. Lots of work left to do, the proportions are way off, but at least I have a project to work on besides WEC’s.

6 Likes

Title: Another Wall (with bricks)

Pure. 3.3. Cycles

5 Likes

Another poll on the wall:

1 Like