Challenge #1022 "technocratic slavery" (20/01/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1022 for Friday 20th of January 2023 is:

technocratic slavery

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jan 23, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: New And Updated
grafik
pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Robots
Pure, cycles 32 samples, all made in blender.
Fast one during my break, <15min.

robotlike.blend (1.0 MB)

6 Likes

Did I just accidentally make an optical illusion? The lines are parallel.

1 Like

Familiar Future

Open -all new except for the hand that I cut off a human base mesh.(It had to be done) I also did some tweaking in Windows’ Photos.

3 Likes

The Default Cube

Pure entry, blender 3.4 cycles.

3 Likes

Share Your Brain

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.4.1

7 Likes

Hamster Wheel (non-competing)
TripleTree - Hamster
Pure entry, Eevee, Gimp for the GIF
Aren’t we all hamsters in wheels trying not to get flung out?
… just a quick, simple animation … as I am too busy running right now …

7 Likes

I started working on an entry. It was frustrating when mysterious info. boxes kept appearing debunking my terrible misinformation with links to the Ministry of Truth. They said I was double-plus-un-good because of flaws in my thoughts and ideas. I was unpersoned from all media, fired from my job, and forbidden to travel or go into certain places. I know it is paranoia but how do they know my thoughts and ideas? It is almost like the view screens are watching me.

1 Like

non-competing

5 Likes

Crowd Controller

Pure entry, I really loved the theme :slight_smile:

13 Likes

The Revolutionary - Open

An app on his laptop feeds text generated by a chatbot into a keyboard emulator plugged into his work PC, to fool the key logger. A cardboard cutout attached to his chair tricks the “attentiveness” AI watching his webcam from detecting his absence. Meanwhile, he makes his protest signs.

Models mostly from Blenderkit, photos from unsplash. The screen images are screenshots edited in GIMP, and the webcam image is rendered from the perspective of the webcam, showing the cardboard cutout. The cardboard cut out is a photo (from unsplash I think), cut out with the knife tool, solidified, with a simple shader to try to get the look of cardboard (I wish I had time to model the internal structure with geonodes).

I wanted to try using Blenderkit to help me do a more elaborate narrative than I can usually do. I’m pretty happy but I don’t know if it makes much sense without the explanation. If I had more time I’d try some different compositions to make the cardboard cutout more obvious.

2 Likes

My entry - Upgrade Treadmill

Gotta have that new phone…

5 Likes

15 Million Credits
Pure entry, 1000 samples
Glad I was able to make it in time!

6 Likes

Speaking of technocracy, check out this online voting: