Challenge #1024 "A Better Mousetrap" (03/02/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1024 for Friday 3rd of February 2023 is:

A Better Mousetrap

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Feb 6, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Pointy Ends

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This.

Bottom Text

6 Likes

The Great Mousesini Show

Pure evee

5 Likes

The Best of Mouse Trap

Non-competing (Open)

Cycles, 128 samples, denoised, Blender armature quad, comp with Davinci Resolve Studio ($), VFX ProductionCrate ($), Music ProductionCrate ($). I had the DJ Deck in my library from a previous project I made for something else. Everything else is new.

Introducing!!!..James Mouse DJ’ing the best Trap music East of the Mississippi River.

5 Likes

RENAM Eliminator

Pure. The wall panel bump is TexturesCom_Scifi_Panel3_1K_height.tif from textures.com.

Details

Risan Red Nano-Metal Monkeys. RENAM. “Suzanne” in the Risan language. Risa provides much joy to our part of the galaxy but this menace did originate there.
When Borg scouts attempted to assimilate a Changling the result was RENAM. Floating monkey heads that can alter their form and assimilate parts of our ships. This enables them to escape most traps and create more RENAM.
The RENAM Eliminator is what you need. Fortunately, the standard transporter calibration cube (“default cube”) looks like RENAM material and they are attracted to it. RENAM Eliminator software will produce the default cube, lure RENAMs, and dematerialize them.
Behind The Scenes
Cycles 40 samples oiden denoise fast mode.
There are two standard transporter calibration cubes and two Suzannes. One is for the solid and one for the transport effect. Animated visibility fades from on to the other. The FX did not look good with Suzanne so I edited her to create SmoothZanne. The cube FX had artifacts until I made one slightly larger than the other.
The shader nodes for the transporter effect. The swirling is from animating the W factor on the noise node. From 1 to 3 for this video. The effect visibility is from animating the Value on the Multiply node. From 0 to 34 for this video. The color ramp provides contrast that makes the noise visible in the volume. A brightness-contrast node could work there too.

The shader for the blue wall behind the transporter could animate for a warp core effect. Here it is.

4 Likes

‘‘A trapped mouse’’

Open Blender 3.3 cycles

7 Likes

Till Death Do Us Part

Pure entry, blender 3.4 cycles.

6 Likes

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Pure.

4 Likes

Indiana Nibbles and the Secret of the Golden Cheese (Boulder Trap)

Pure, Eevee

7 Likes

Come With Me!

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.4.1

8 Likes

Obesity Trap. Pure, cycles

8 Likes

So thats why there was no rodents on the Enterprise. Brilliant :wink:

2 Likes

Mousetrapism

Pure. Bump texture for the coin was made with Inkscape, the rest in Blender.

Why fight them if you can make them work for you?

I thought about putting hair on the fur, but all my attempts with hair so far looked very weird.

7 Likes

Mousapult

Pure, cycles. Wood grain texture downloaded.

7 Likes

Overkill

Open- The plants, rocks and ground texture are imported assets, everything else is new. I also did a little color tweaking in Windows Photos.

4 Likes

9-5 scam

pure. i was in a rush. modeled everything by myself, used some textures for the wood from quixel.

4 Likes

Here we go:

1 Like