15 minutes of glory

Excelent work!!! very realistic, and…

INTERNAL!!!

Excellent, and thanks for setup sharing!!

S**t!!! This is hyper realistic, man! I sooo love BI. Though I think, somehow you overdid the blurring or the glow effect, or probably it’s the Defocus Node that’s doing that abnormal threshold thing. And his left hand kinda lacks some SSS. But hey, this is pure awesome! Ratatouille? Hello? :slight_smile:

A short making of 15 minutes of glory

http://evermotion.org/?unfold_exclusive=320&unfold=exclusive

Hey, I missed this one ! Very nice work and so cute. It demonstrates the power of Blender even to achieve some very realistic results. Congrats.

Yep, I missed this one too. Very well done, good job! …and BI only is always a nice thing to hear.

nice artwork. Great work. Thanks to Blender.

I believe you posted this in the wrong forum. I’ve moved it for you. :wink:

BTW, I really like your work from a technical perspective. When I first saw it, I was sure you had used an external renderer, so that was the first thing I checked for in your post. These are very impressive results for Blender internal. I especially liked the materials on the microphone and the skin on the hand areas and such.

I would love to see this in the header.

The render is soo beautifull

Absolutely buzzin!

One comment is the black plastic on the switch looks like cheap plastic, not what i’d expect for the style of mic? (but then this may be due to DOF?)

dude, this is so cool, you might even be able to sell it for a tv promo if you manage to animate it.

absolutely brilliant image, really good composition and idea, with the modeling and lighting to back it up, 2 thumbs up.

peace

If you followed his wip thread you would know they are supposed to be a bunch of old microphones

anyways, I don’t get why it’s been named “15 minutes of glory”

First of all - thanks for a place in the gallery! That’s quite an honour!

Second - the plastic switch is taken from the pictures I found (such as this - http://www.grandcanyontuberadio.com/Microphones/Shure%20microphone%20%20Model%2055SH%20004.jpg ).

Third - “15 Minutes Of Glory” refers to the words spoken by Andy Warhol.

Yeah, I felt guilty mentioning it, but thought it, so I mentioned it. However the ridges on the photo are more pronounced.

Don’t let this comment distract from the awe I place upon your character and scene, I know my little nephews eyes will light up with glee when I show them.

Awesome image.

I really like that it is semi-realistic combined with a semi-realistic-toony-character-blend
kind of like stuart little meets warner brothers :wink:

Nice :wink:

Ha!
Congrats on the gallery;)

congrats man, a deserved gallery

maybe a slight rotation of the head to his right leg, like singers do, or some sss in the ear might (marginally) improve it, but this is already impressive, I even feel doubtful of those suggestions because the image is so well crafted…

Cute! Really cute! The microphone is spot on!

Maybe it needs a little more work on the mouth to perfect it