1938 Harley-Davidson Knucklehead

Mini update of what Ive done. Haven’t been working on this much lately, but hope to pick up again soon

The sense of “realism” is growing all the time for me. I think this is really good work, keep going, I should like to see this finished. Headlamp is so good, did you make the texture image yourself, or photograph the real thing, or get an image of the 'net?

Materials are looking very good to me. Are you going to have some scratches, imperfections at all, or keep it “Factory New”?

Are you planning to rig and animate this at all, or is it just a static model?

Cheers, Clock.

The Headlamp and the emblem on the horn cover are simple bump maps i made up. The headlamp uses and inside bump map for the diffuser and an outside bump map for the lettering.

As of right now Im focusing on completion with clean textures. Eventually i want to UV unwrap and add some minor defects.

I would like to do a short animation further down the line maybe, but nothings is set in stone.

Here’s a shot of the bumpmaps I created for the horn cover and the head lamp lense.

Here’s some work I’v got done on the front brake today.

2 Likes

Here is a comparison of how much I learned through 3d modeling working on this project.
I made the original model to replace the motorcycle in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. It was a very crude model with just as bad textures. Modding the games is what originally gained my attention for 3d modeling. Over the years and many tutorials later I gained a lot of knowledge of how to model, texture and use Blender in general. Though better, than before, I am always learning how to improve using the software.

This is the original model I built in Sketchup years ago.

This Is the latest model. completely rebuilt from scratch.

3 Likes

looks amazing!

Update, Ive put this project to the side for awhile, but recently picked up on it again.

Cycles render:

Eevee Render:

4 Likes

First of all, wow you really devoted yourself to make your very best, over the course of years.
The end result is astonishing and i have no doubt you still think you have work to do on it. So we will see some more? Maybe a 360?

Will you print it and frame it?

Also:Maybe the tires are a bit too dark? Too new?

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thanks! Right now I have a few small things to finish up on it. Ive been thinking of animating the bike but nothing is certian yet.