1966 King of the Hammers Ford Bronco

Thank you! :smiley: I looked at your models too, and they are good as well, also I love your username, I am a big fan of the Impreza WRXs

UPDATE TIME!

I added some small bits and pieces and fixed a few things. Here are the new renders!

Let me know what you think, CC is always appreciated :D!

Attachments

1 Like

Damn, huge modeling work here :slight_smile: Looks good. Will you do weldings with bump maps ?

Great progress bro. Love those big ass tires you made.

Looks amazing! Keep up the great work!

Thank you for the compliments! I am not sure to be honest :P. I really want to but it depends how I feel after adding the rest of the details.

Thank you! Yeah, the tires took forever to make, it was so worth it though! I wish I had them in real life!

Thank you! :smiley:

Here is a big surprise! This is my first sculpt of clothes! :smiley:

Attachments

I remember doing sort of the same big ass tires which is uses and array and a curve. Problem was that the treads where rotated 90 deg to the mesh and used heavy subsurf to keep it smooth. 170k verts per wheel !!!

I some what helped or wanted to see if i could make the model and improve it. Took me couple hours to figuer it out properly :slight_smile:

Attachments

swet modeling so far !! great work!!

Ahhhh, yes, make sure your object rotation is at 0, if that doesn’t work, then I rotate the original mesh to make everything right again. Tires are always high in polys. Why do tires have to be round ;(, it makes it so difficult for the computer :frowning:

Yay, thank you Roninzero!

The sculpt is pretty much done, getting the wrinkles right took forever. Although, I really enjoy sculpting, no wonder there are so many character modelers out there :smiley:

Now to finish more of the Bronco’s hard surface details.

Wow, you nailed it…
The helmet looks great too, good work!

Thank you! Yeah, the helmet was a bit tough, especially since it included cutting into a round object. I like how it turned out, I still need to fit the “Parker Pumper” hose to the Bronco.

Texturing it is when the real fun will begin :smiley:

New update!

Displacement Modifier+normal map on a sculpt is AMAZING!

10/10. Amazing.

Thank you Impreza!

Also UPDATE TIME, AWEEEEEEE YEAH.

Finished the rims and tires, like always, constructive criticism is always appreciated :slight_smile:

Very good!

Freakin amazeballs!!! I love your work, I am only an amateur so not sure I should give advice but… may I suggest using a lattice modifier on those sweet looking tyres to give a flat bottom and some bulge to the sidewall at the bottom too. I found that it really sold the look of my last low psi 4x4 tyres I made.

Been looking at your website, cool you were in AFJROTC! My brother is a sergeant at the AF Academy, and I’m a cadet sergeant in the Civil Air Patrol (USAF Official auxiliary). Lots of good training!

Thank you! Also that is awesome you were in AFJROTC! It is so much fun! Well except for the countless marching drills hehe :stuck_out_tongue: My favorite was all of the field trips and leadership exercises. For my final, we had to create a march. We were allowed to sync it to music. So of course I synced it to Micheal Jackson and used plenty of “Moon Walk mHarch!” commands ;).

Thank you!!! Anyone’s advice is useful! :smiley: Ah yes, the lattice idea is really good. The budge on the tires is probably one of the most important parts of the car. It gives the vehicle weight and texture to the tires. I do have a trick up my sleeve for the tire bulge :wink: I will release the secret once I get everything figured out with it.

amazing work. i wish i could critique. ummmmmmm…uuuuuuuuu. if it looks like i copied you in any threads i may start in the future,… then you need glasses. but i’ll try to use this as a standard anywasy. :yes: