1980 Cadillac

i think this might help you

it a cycles based compositing setup which uses 3d panaromas .

@pranavjitvirdi
hi, thank you for the link, with the help of that setup and the according hdri i was a able to do this:

looking much better than my own first attempts :yes:

welcome, but that setup has some disadvantages too, as you may have notice there are camera angle limitations. this is a great setup if used in a “planned accordingly” way. but the best way i recommend is from scratch and textures.
and btw the car model is great, however it’s very hollow inside, you might wanna fill that up.

hmm, this is a 360 degree hdri, what do you mean exactly with angle limitations ? Maybe that the location of the photographer determines how the shape of the road (in a perspective way) looks ? I was able turn around in that environment, but surely a real 3d modelled environment with textures applied could produce greater results, and you dont have to look (hours) for the right background.
Fortunately the ref photos i used (no blueprints here…) include also shots of the interior, but maybe i have to be a bit creative to fill the gaps which are not visible on the shots, or keep looking further. So sooner or later i will add an interior too. Currently the car really is very empty :slight_smile:

Hello,

just started today blocking out the instrument panel and steering wheel. Very first phase, will add subsurf and more details later.

a wip interior render, way to reddish because the interior of that car is red too, panel had a bit progress

and another viewport render of interior, made some progress again

uploaded my model to sketchfab, still wip, sorry for bad lighting…

critiques welcome !

Apart from the lighting everything looks good enough. Me also have always problem with lights…

hi, i have reworked the headlights and taillights, made some tweaks to the car paint shader (according to the parts of the blendercookie tutorial about rendering a sportscar) and made some little tweaks to the interior, here some renders, hope you like them !

nice progress :slight_smile:

here is an image using that same HDRI background… not really sure if that helps you in any way or not… :stuck_out_tongue:

thank you :slight_smile: !
Interesting motion blur in that image, will see whether it fits for me too to make my car look moving fast.
In the meantime, i experimented a bit with a leather texture i created myself with mapzone (atleast its supposed to look like leather). But i think the displacement is too high. Sadly cycles gets notably slower with textures involved, doubled the rendertime to 11 mins (for 300 samples)
And i built a speedometer as close to the original as i could, didnt find the exact fonts but i think i got a good approximation.
See this render:

The beige part will get a wood texture later. and the steering wheel center is wip too.

and another render with hdri and interior - meeting “oneself” in desert, comments become rare, anything wrong with the model / renders ? Or is it boring for you already ? Sure, its not a “supercar” but i like it :slight_smile:

Maby there are no comments because it’s quite perfect… that’s my thought, it looks great, at least modelling. I think mats are very good too, but maby you can improve lighting, but I can’t really judge lighting because I’m still a noob at that.

The wheels look like a flat cylinder and not smoothed at the edges. Definitely should ad some more loops and round it out. All the black reflections make it look strange. The car rendered by itself looks good. For the realistic shot, I think that is going to be a hard one to put it in.

Guess I didn’t go to the next page. Looks fine. For the self image the side headlight has some aliased reflection or shadow. Try to get rid of that.

thanks for the comments !
@adam450
do you mean the sides of tires look flat ? (the rims should be ok) Could round them out a bit. I created the treads myself, maybe they could be a bit deeper and larger.
and about the side headlight: i tried to create some neat glass layer effect like at the taillights, but i guess that went wrong there (i use square glass elements with array modifier/ curve modifier. Think i should make the glass flat again or use stripes like in the headlights. What do you think might look better ?

It goes from rim (inward) to the P6000 (outward) to the treads (back in). See the roundness.The whole side of your wheel looks flat without any roundness around the rim and no roundness to the treads.

Here is a much more exaggerated round tire:

Wow you have done awesome

@azzaisme
Thank you ! :slight_smile:

@adam450
Thanks for the hints, I reworked the tires a bit, see here for a closeup render

there you also can see a closeup of the side headlights (pattern still looking like the taillights)

approve. I’ll keep bitching if you want to keep going. The inside hull of the wheel is not supposed to be painted and reflective. You can assign those verts to a different material group and make them some kind of metal that isn’t painted and glossy looking.