1st concept (Nude sans genitals)

Good evening/morning/afternoon all -

A little something I’m going to be working on for a while. I’m starting to flesh out characters for some story that I have yet to establish…of course they will eventually be renedered in 3D - if all goes well.

Right now I’m just trying to mold the anatomy of this husky fellow. Yes, I know it’s a little oddly proportioned. The idea behind this style is kind of a loose realism, not too stylized.

Ok, here’s the first of many…

http://geocities.com/runfunky/Pics/marty1.jpg

Thank you all, kind people!! Everyone here has been so generous!

That’s a nice stylized drawing. Of course, the proportions are unnatural… but that is why it is stylized :wink:

Thank you akator!

I checked out your website. You seem like you have quite a broad range of skills, I’m impressed. I really dig the cell-shade tutorial.

The body is great, but his head reall doesn’t fit in well on the body. The problem is, that the body is more stylished than the head and thus lit lacks the characterism of the body.

Yeah, I can see that too. It’s pretty tricky to balance everything out, and maintain a consistent style. I suppose I didn’t want the head to be too cartoonish.

What would you suggest be done with the head?

By the way, I love the tutorial you have on your site. Great work!

I did a quick mockup of how I would aproach the head. I just pasted a quikc scetch over your original head.

Now, your original head is good, but as said it doesn’t fit in well whit the body. If you were to do a slimmer body the head would be a perfect fit.

Hippie -

I think it’s so awesome for people that are miles away to collaborate on something, such as a drawing. I know the practice is nothing new (that’s what forums are for), but it just so damn cool. Am I easily amused or what? :smiley:

As for the drawing. I’ll definitely take your vision into consideration. But, first I’ll probably do some color work before I make a decision. Who knows, maybe it’ll look different. But I really dig your concept. Thanks man!!

I’m glad if it helped.