1st Person Shooter game project

Hello! I’ve recently thought of something that, in my mind, would be a great first person shooter. As I support Blender and think that its potential is greatly undervalued, I would like to create this game with it as a communal, open source effort. However, as I am realitivly new to Blender, I would not be able to do much of the game programing, but I would try to do as much of the modeling, texturing, and design work as my Schedule would allow.

The basic concept of the game is that, in the near future, the earth has stopped rotating, leaving half of the world in darkness, half burnt out, with the only habitable location being a small belt in the middle. The world is ruled from there, with the prisoners and other “scum” banished to the dark side. The game followed the story of a government agent sent to the “Darkworld” to suppress a rebellion, and ends up joining and leading it. It you are interested, please reply, and we can begin making this thing!

Your story world sounds very intriguing.
It would work for a book or a movie too.

I don’t have time to help out on a project right now, but I wish you a lot of luck.

Thanks for the reply, if you know anyone who would be interested, could you direct them to the project?

I am a prop/ environment artist. I can do a bit here and there for you ( for a small price - I am really busy ATM )

I’ve got a really easy to use 1st person shooter setup if you want it.

Hey, its a good idea, i myself am developing a fps and so are a few others.
I recommend that you edit this post with as much clear, detailed information, such as
a) genre
b)plot
c)website, recommended
d)Requirements
etc
here is my game site if you want to take a look:
http://matter.x10.mx/

Thanks for the offer! Would you prefer to send it via email, or other means?

I’m sure that we can work something out. Most of the weapons will be pretty standard (pistol, assault rifle, etc.) with a few additions, but a few would be somewhat specialized. Also, many of the enviroments would be in the dark all the time, so you should keep that in mind in the design.

did you get the e-mail with the .blend file?

I feel like the story is very dry and unoriginal, and that it doesnt seem to set up good gameplay that would inter-wine properly. But good luck, it could be interesting :slight_smile:

I’d be happy to model props like weapons and ther various things.

I’d be happy to model props like weapons and ther various things. Though it would be useful to have a more detailed plan.

I’d be happy to model props like weapons and ther various things. Though it would be useful to have a more detailed plan.