I’ve decided I’ve had enough dabbling around in the BGE, even though there is much more I can learn, and I’ve considered getting serious about a game project.
But what’s a project without an idea eh?
I’ve been thinking of doing a game that is relativly simple. Something fast-paced, fun and quick (lasting only 5 minutes per level).
So here’s my idea so far:
- 1 on 1 splitscreen; sorta of a Capture the Flag game.
- Your job is to steal the opponent’s “flag”, and bring it back to your base.
- However, it is possible to kill each other, so if you die, your respawn time could leave your flag exposed.
- Bringing the flag back will not be easy either, as there will be traps and obstacles.
- Bringing the opponents flag to your base will score you a point, 5 points (or more) will win the game.Whew Looking back at it, it looks like its gonna be a lot of work (at least to get it polished).
As sorta something to start with, I quickly drew up a test level in Paint. The white is solid ground, the light grey is an elevated surface, the dark grey is an incline, and the black is a pit.
Any comments, crits, or suggestions would be awesome!