2.40 pre-release alpha1 / Windows

Hmm. The particle system isnt right. It´s missing features. Is that supposed to be like that in the 2.40 version?

Thanks for trying the test.blend. It is definetly not a nice problem… I don’t want to start exporting all objects from the scene and the composing things back together… that would be too much work.

I tried to log this as a bug in the tracker system. Hopefully they will see it and it will be solved in a next alpha release.

… or maybe we could mention it in the blogs on orange?

I believe the Alt-D, mirrored method is used by a lot of people when modelling.

Let us know what happens. I’m one of those people who uses Alt-D in my modeling. It seems that the Shift-R loop selection is now Alt-Left-Mouse button in 2.4. It will be nice to see docs on all of the current changes and fixes.

Blend on.

modifer stack is my new god.
although, it does need a vertical scrollbar. working with it becomes difficult after having more than 3 on the stack, even when 2 are collapsed.

I have found a bug (maybe this is an old bug).
If you load a scene and you have no selected object, pressing F key (to UVface mode) sometimes crashes Blender.

bug: after LSCM, there is no update in 3d window

i’ve downloaded the test build and i have a question… how do i get fluid simulations to work?

Hey Folks, I got the new build…am all set up…but I need to add a patch because I need the curve control of particles to make the hair I want…I have the patch…and the new version…but have no idea how to make them talk to one another.

From what I’ve read, it looks like I might need to build from source in order to use the patch. It that’s true I’m outta luck because I have no idea how to build from source. I looked at what the blender.org site had to say about building from source, and couldn’t even figure out what tools I need on windows XP to get started.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a character that is having a VERY bad hair day.

Thanks,

HumanForum

Let us know what happens. I’m one of those people who uses Alt-D in my modeling. It seems that the Shift-R loop selection is now Alt-Left-Mouse button in 2.4. It will be nice to see docs on all of the current changes and fixes.

Blend on.

Ton fixed this problem for the next release. There is however another bug with the Alt-D, but it wasn’t related to this bug.

See ya.