2.41 won't open

I just downloaded 2.41 and it won’t open at all. I downloaded the second one for Mac (I think the difference was like python 2.3 and 2.4 or something) I did the 2.4 version… does that mean I needed 2.4 to run it or something? Here’s what console says when I try to start up if thats any help.

Blender quit
dyld: Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/Python
Referenced from: /Users/sam/Blender/blender-2.41-OSX-10.3-py2.4-powerpc/Blender 2.41.app/Contents/MacOS/blender
Reason: image not found

If you anyone knows whats up that would be great :slight_smile:

the python2.4 build need python 2.4.

So at this point, you have 2 vhoices :

download and install the python2.4 package from www.python.org, or download the py2.3 build which use the system python

Hi, I had the same problem, and installed Blender for Python 2.3.
Here is my question. What will be the benefit of installing Python 2.4 ?

Thanks and Best Regards,

No Blender version requires any version of Python to open. Are you sure you downloaded the correct version from blender.org?

I guess. I downloaded it at this address:
http://blender.instinctive.de/Blender2.41/blender-2.41-OSX-10.3-py2.4-powerpc.zip

Once unpacked with stuffIt, Blender resides in a folder with red label (orange for the 2.3). If double-click the 2.4, nothing seems to happen. With the 2.3, Blender opens.

I am running Blender on a 1.67Ghz PowerPC G4 with Mac OS X 10.4.4 (latest patch).

I had the same behavior with Blender 2.40.

Best Regards,

Just try reinstalling the program. Many time this can fix your problems. I had some 2.40 problems that this ironed out.

Thanks for the help guys, I guess I’ll go ahead and reinstall and download python too.