2.45 not running

I wasn’t quite sure where to post this question… On Windows Vista, I was uninstalling and re-installing 2.46 yesterday to try the different install options. Today, when I uninstalled it and installed 2.45, 2.45 will no longer run. I looked in the Event viewer and saw this error:

Faulting application blender.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x46eba424, faulting module blender.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x46eba424, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00323a3b, process id 0x16ec, application start time 0x01c8d80cdcd8236c.

Not sure how useful that is. I’ve never had a problem with uninstalling and running 2.45 before. Heck, I’ve gone all the way to 2.24 without problems.

I think what may have whacked it is running the 2.46 installer different ways. I did try clearing out the files Local and Roaming directories, but still no luck. I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to restore my system’s state so I can run 2.45. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
John

Try deleting all remains of blender 2.46 (Except your blends, scripts, etc)

Thanks B3D00. After the uninstall, I did delete everything I could find, for example the files in the Local and Roaming directories. Are there files elsewhere?

Regards,
John

I’ve tried to find all the remains of Blender 2.46, but something is still conflicting with 2.45 when I try to run it. I’d really like to be able to switch between versions, aside from the Local and Roaming directories, where else in Vista could I look for something that is messing with my 2.45?

Thanks,
John

have you tried useing systems restore and pick a date before things messed up?

I should have done that but I didn’t think of it. Now that it is almost a week later since my post (and longer since the problem arose), I’m hesitant to go that route.

Maybe there is something left in the registry that should not be there. When you install 2.46, should all references to “blender.exe” be gone from the registry in Vista? I’m not a fan of poking around the registry (too many years as a Mac user and Sun employee).

Not a big deal, as I do not need to go back to 2.45, but since I was able to go back and forth, and now I can’t it just is like a pebble in your shoe. I wonder if it is related to installing the Blender Plug-in, I installed it around the same time.

Regards,
John