2.47 + Debian 64 bit. No show

Hullo folks,

Im having a bit of trouble with gettign the latest update for Blender.
When I click the icon to run the program a terminal window flashes up for an eyeblink and then vanishes and that all I get.

Ive never had an issue upgrading to a new version. Am I missing something or has anyone else had an issue?

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Im actually getting the same error that Litterate is having.

./blender: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.5.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thanks

It is in Python2.5, do you have it installed ?

I´ve got debian64 python24 and python25 installed, running etch ATM and 2.46 works like a charm.
2.47 does exactly nothing beside starting the process, showing a loading icon and then the process dissapears.
i smell something fishy with the build.
if i got time tomorrow i can compile a deb64 build then i pack a .deb and post it here.

My first thought would be what organic said, because “libpython2.5.so.1.0” seems like a pretty basic library. Although I no longer remember where I heard this, or how to use it, I had a similar problem (with some other library) and I resolved it by searching for a compatible library:

$ locate libpython2.5* 

And then “linking” ( $ ln) the two libraries: I believe the effect is that I create the library that blender is looking for, but its just a pointer to the other library. So lib.so.2 points to lib.so.

Aha! I remembered that I had actually posted about this in this thread. Its not the same library, but it still deals with missing libraries in general.

flammenmanifest:/home/arexma# aptitude install yafray libalut0 libavformat52 libdc1394-22 libftgl2 libopenal1 libswscale0
That did the trick for me, well yafray is not necessary but i wanted it anyways :smiley:

This is a lenny machine btw. maybe thats the trick too. But AFAIK lenny is already in lockdown to go stable, so its a good bet ATM :slight_smile: