2.49b reintroduces critical BGE physics bug which was fixed in 2.49a

Some time back (I had a search and could not find the thread in a hurry) someone pointed out that using the fist basic tutorial from Gamekit started going wrong in newer versions of Blender (specifically, the bouncing pumpkin exercise where you move the pumpkin around and open a door). Apparently this was an oversight of one of the devs… something about the physics of the pumpkin character temporarily switching between rigid body and dynamic during a force related bounce when combined with “Torque” turning… the effect is that where the pumpkin should stay upright, it tended to tumble over and spin in in all manner of wonky directions.

Anyway, they fixed it. I was happy because I could say “please make sure you have the latest Blender before coming to Games Making class” :slight_smile:

…but now that 2.49b is out I see it’s broke again, and having the “latest” is going to screw things up in BGE. :frowning:

Hope it gets re-fixed permanently in the next release.

Okay - have submitted this as to bugtracker, as it was fixed before once, so I’m pretty sure it’s not meant to be… Bug#19294: https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=19294&group_id=9&atid=306

I wonder if this will be in time for 2.5. I hope so…