2.49b - where do I install script?

I know in 2.5x I can just go to the blender/scripts/… folder, but in blender 2.49b, I don’t have any folders in the blender foundation folder that say scripts or anything like that, so I am confused, as I never needed to install a script while I was using it, and now I have a script that is only for 2.49 and I need to use it.

WinXP 32 installer based version is what I’m using on this machine, i see in my 64bit win 7 I have the folder but that’s not the installer version, however i can use at least find where it goes on that one.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

There is one here C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender.blender\scripts
And another here C:\Users<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender.blender\scripts

An easy way is to put the script wherever you want and then just load it in the text editor and hit alt+p.

Anyway, with 2.49b, the scripts are here:
C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender.blender\scripts

You need to be able to view hidden folders to see any folder that begins with a period (like .blender) though.

Hi,
I just got Blender 2.49 for Windows XP and there was no /script folder in .blender so I created one. I wanted to install a script that is supposed to import/export .obj’s but it did not work. The script was obj_io_modif232b.py. If this is not the correct script, then where can I find one that will import and export .obj’s?
Did I install the script correctly?

Blender comes with an obj import/export option as default.

on windows download the ,zip version rather than the installer then just unzip it and the folders will be in the right place and not in a hidden folder.