2.62 happen to cursor how to ?

how can i append to cursor in 2.62 ?

thanks

Hi,

You can move an object to the place where the cursor is: select the object, press SHIFT + S and click option: Selection to cursor.

but before in 2.49
we had a checkbox to say set to layer and cursor also

so this has not been ported to 2.6 yet ?

thanks

Well, I am not sure. But with those keystrokes you can have several options to snap objects too.

but when you append is there a way to append it at the cursor location

or a way to bring back the object to the cursor ?

thanks

Hi,

As soon as you append your object, hit “shift” + “s” and then click on option “selected to cursor”.

so you saying there is no automatic way of doing it direclty when you happen an object in 2.62
like we had in 2.49 !

thanks!

Hi Ricky,

I’m not sure what it is you need. Can you describe in steps (including shortcuts) what it is you do in 2.49, & what you’re trying to accomplish in 2.62. Because as far as I know all functionality regarding the 3dcursor should be there

in 2.9 when you append an object form anothe file
on the bottom there was 3 buttons on there right middle - cursor - active layer and autoselect

now in 2.62 dont’ see the button cursor

the 2 others button are there on the left bottom of screen
but the select is not really working you still have to click on the object again to select!

salutations

ok, I see what you mean.

I guess they got rid of the ‘to cursor’ and by default have it appear at 0,0,0 location. No idea why they did.

but the select is not really working you still have to click on the object again to select!

works for me on latest build

i think for the select is the same then in 2.49

it is sort of selected but you still have to click on it to really select it and be able to go into edit mode
otherwise it does not work !

but that is not really a problem !

thanks