2.63 RC1 is out: don't forget to test your games.

Just a reminder that you should download 2.63 RC1 and make sure your games work good.
http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.63/

This being so that the developers will have time to fix any regressions since 2.62 before the final release. People might argue that the BGE is always left behind, but the fact that the release is still about 2 weeks away means that Moguri and the other devs. will be able to fix various bugs if reported right away.

So test away…

Thanks, I will download and test my reported bugs as I’m supposed to do so :slight_smile:

Crashes on the projects that I tested on starting the game engine. It doesn’t seem to be a game logic problem, though (deleted the logic; just the objects, textures, and materials make the engine crash immediately).

EDIT: On my voxel demo, it got a couple of chunks in and then crashed. The cubes were also just gray - no textures were applied, which is odd, because I was using SingleTexture mode. Must be an issue with textures and materials…

Everything from my game works fine, but then I don’t think I’m using any of the new features.

Cool. I’ll check it out right away. :slight_smile:

Will test to see if the steering actuator works…

…still broken. Noob question but where do I go to look for/ report bug-issues?

Edit: after another test I found that the problem was corrected after re-building the navmesh.

There’s a link to the bug tracker in the blender help menu

Bug tracker seems to be broken. I can’t submit my list of findings.

You can find the bug tracker here (for some reason, the homepage seems to be down for me). So, is anyone else having the same problem that I’m having? It’s been happening for awhile now. Should I report it as a normal bug, or a game engine bug? I recall Moguri saying that I should report it as a normal bug, but I don’t have a test case blend file…

EDIT: I can’t seem to find the issue easily… I’ll have to keep looking.

EDIT 2: I fortunately found a reproduce-able bugged blend file that was small enough for me to cut it out to pretty much just the bug. If anyone else wants to try it out to see if it’s a problem for them, I can post it. In the meantime, I’ll report this to the bug tracker.

EDIT 3: Posted the bug. Hopefully it’ll get found and fixed immediately. It’s kind of urgent, as the engine is pretty well-used, and a bug as major as this really should be fixed.

Navmesh is broken, enemies won’t follow the path anymore, it just won’t work…

Did you try rebuilding the mesh like CrazedQuetzal suggested?

I think it may have just been fixed by Campbell in fix 31045.
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-blender-cvs/2012-April/045014.html

Was the bug you reported this one by any chance?

I think it might have been. I got an E-mail from the bug tracker stating that it was fixed. I’m so glad that it was fixed - I thought it would take longer than this.

EDIT: Yep, that was it. Glad to finally be able to use the new builds. :slight_smile:

I can’t open Blender for my Mac, I have tested the first two downloads for OS X. When I try to open them they auto quit. I posted this in another thread and someone else had the same problem. I want to be able to help, but I can’t. Where do I report this? I’m using a Mac OS X 10.5.8. Sorry for being a bit off topic.

I linked to the bug tracker in the 10th post in this thread. What version of Blender are you using? The most recent ones from GraphicAll?

I’m using the first two Ace Dragon linked in the first post. I’ll try graphicall builds later. I think it should be fixed quite quickly, especially because it’s not just me experiencing it - I’d just really like to still have Blender. :slight_smile:

That one was a problem for me too, but I had an issue with playing the engine. It would crash on my projects. It was fixed, though, recently. Hopefully your issue was fixed, too.

SolarLune, could you please link me to the latest Mac version of 2.63 from GraphicAll? I can’t find it anywhere. Thanks.

This one’s 64-bit, but it’s the latest (and so far only) one built since the bug I mentioned was fixed.