2.81 development; UI/UX

Well, it’s a step in the right direction… still, files can’t be renamed with “ctrl+left click”.
And since there’s also no right click contextual menu, is there any other way to rename files from Blender’s browser?
Also, while saving images Blender doesn’t warns the user when files are overwritten!

But… there is!

1 Like

It does in the form of a red filename field, but you may want a dialog ?

1 Like

You can add that shortcut yourself if you want. Just open the context menu like Michael showed, then you R click Rename and press Assign Shortcut. Now you can make your own. :slight_smile:

I hope this is a windows only thing. What happens if I don’t have a trash folder on my system? Will Blender mess with file system and create one? Guess I have to test.

:poop: Contextual menu doesn’t work with Right Click Select :persevere:

PS.
If anyone wonders, shortcut for right-clickers is “W” or simply remap keys under Preferences > Keymap > File Browser (Global) > Files Context Menu:upside_down_face: done

… and to add your own “Rename File or Directory” shortcut/command to Keymap - file.rename is its identifier :wink:

Yes it does. For right click select it is invoked with W. Right click obviously cannot be used because it’s use for selection.

1 Like

NP… I already set it to my taste.
After all this time observing and using few most prominent UIs my mind automatically switches when I see The Browser. Even tho I’m a well seasoned Blenderhead :wink:

Hi. I noticed that the “Delete with Reconnected” function does not work properly on all nodes in the “World” area (gif below), is it a bug or a new feature?

Imgur

1 Like

Hmmm, looks like it doesn’t reconnect when the sockets are of differing types.

1 Like

There seems to be several issues with node wrangler atm. Hope it gets updated proper for 2.81 final.

1 Like

It seems that in version 2.79b it worked similarly, operator does not connect nodes of different dot colors. Theoretically it seems logical, but in my opinion it is inconsistent, because the user should decide whether to keep nodes connected or not…
What do you think of that?

I also think it should keep them connected.

Huh, I noticed that these release notes (https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Reference/Release_Notes/2.81/Grease_Pencil) said there are new grease pencil brushes in 2.81, but I don’t see them, though I do see other changes like the self overlap and merge by distance operator (at least as of the build from today). Is there a setting or place I missed to look, other than where the rest of the brushes are? Or were they taken out? :thinking:

They are not present in General template that uses previous presets by default.
Probably to avoid to mess-up with startup.blend file of other developers ; currently, they are present by default only if you launch a 2D Animation template.

You can create this set of brushes in any blend file by pressing Create Preset Brushes button, present inside Brush panel.

2 Likes

Ahh, that explains it. Thanks!