2.9 Background color when render preview mode

When in render preview mode, i’d like to change the background.

I understand that the world color is the ambient color ( the 2 redundant colors surrounded in red )

I need it to be full white but i don’t want a white background.
The only parameter i found is ticking-off the camera flag ( green arrow ) but then the background is black. Is there a way to choose a personal color or a gradient ?

Thanks and happy blending ! :slight_smile:

You can enable Use Nodes for the world and in the shader editor mix colors or shaders using the Light Path node’s Is Camera Ray output as factor. I.e. like this to get white lighting but green background:

1 Like

Awww…

I confess i’m somewhat ashamed not to know all those blender features :confused:

I didn’t even know this ‘light path’ node.

Thanks a lot @Stan_Pancakes ! This works like a charm !
And can even allow many possibilities :stuck_out_tongue:

Have a nice evening and

Happy blending !

EDIT: here’s my ‘I-like-it-this-way’ setup :wink:

The world param called viewport display is IMHO useless and should disappear or lead to a shader that offers different colors/behaviours when the 3D view is in wireframe/solid…

I just realized from your post that background/world/ambient possibilities are infinite !
I just love it !

Thanks again ! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m trying to create a pure white background, and tried using these world nodes with Color2 in the Mix shader set to a white with HSV values of 0;0;1;1

But when I render the image, the background is off-white.

Any suggestions on making the rendered background pure white?

Thanks!

Looks like I should have played around a wee bit more before posting…

Using Eevee:

In World Properties, I selected white as the color and changed RGB from 1,1,1 to 2,2,2

Then, in Render Properties / Color Management / View Transform I changed Filmic to Standard.

Seems to give me exactly what I need. Just out of curiosity, is there a better way?