2 animations, 1object

hi all

i am making an game with the armatures. now i have made many animations, but i want that 2 different animations happen at the same time, not the one stops when the other starts.
Can any1 help???

Thx for all answers in advance!!!

you would probably want to use the NLA (non-linear animation) editor to do this…

unfortunatly, i have VERY little knowledge of this…

~Delta

The NLA Editor is a bit confusing when you first dive into it, but not that hard to understand. In fact, I spent much too much time futzing around with IPOs, thinking they were “it,” before realizing that there are many layers to the power that’s available in Blender; one layer built atop the other.

To understand NLA, first you need to understand the notion of an “action.” For example, “RaiseLeftArm” might be an action. Or, “TouchRightEar.” Each of these actions is created, individually, with the Script Editor. Each one is choreographed beginning with the same starting, neutral pose, and is designed without reference to nor consideration of any other actions, even those which you may wish to apply to the same object(s) at the same time.

Once you have done that, you go into NLA Editor and the first thing you do is to convert those actions, which are now linked to the object and so would supersede NLA-based actions, into “NLA strips.” When you have done that, you can begin to choreograph the movement of the character in terms of actions … and “lead-ins” and “lead-outs” to those actions. (So that the actor’s arms do not instantly “zoom” to, or zoom away from, a raised or touch-ear position, but move there gradually.) You can select any portion of the action, and repeat it many times. You can play the action backward, if you want to imitate really bad cat-food commercials. You can specify actions which fire simultaneously and which affect the same object at the same time: the resulting motion will be a recognizable, plausible combination of the two.

Definitely one of the most troublesome parts of learning Blender is that you are assaulted with lots and lots of details, all couched in incomprehensible acronyms, and documented by folks who themselves know the topic so darned well that they skip stuff without realizing it. But I have found if that you can grok “what this feature is for,” and not lose sight of that focus-point, stuff eventually makes sense. “Get the big picture first,” and then hold onto it firmly while the flood of details goes roaring past, and you have some framework with which to sort out which ones to latch onto now and which to let slip by 'til later. (Like catching fish requires tackle, bait, and a plan… or else a nearby fish-market.)

You’ll also find that different tools, that are “quite different” tools indeed, are sometimes used to do very similar things. For example, the incomprehensibly-named “Relative Vertex Keys (RVKs)” are for creating individual deformations of a mesh… like winks, smiles, and wrinkle_your_nose… then combining those together so that you can choreograph an actor’s changes of expression. A very analogous concept (define primitive movements individually, then choreograph in terms of those primitives), but a very different implementation.