2 Book Question...

1.) Blender was written using 2.43, is it fully compatible with (current) 2.45 Blender and would it be worth the purchase if/when 2.46 or even 2.5 comes out ?

2.) Is a new book in the works for any future release of Blender ?

If you mean Blender Essentials it still is quite compatible.

As for a new book… Writing them is quite and undertaking and so it depends on the Blender Foundation.
There are also independant writers.
There’ s Bugman2000 (Tom Mullen) who will have a book on Blender physics tools (Bullet, liquids, soft bodies… I am not sure about particles though) and I can guarantee that it’ll be excellent.
His Introduction to Character Animation in Blender is just great.
If you read French then the choice is just much better:
one I forget, one from Olivier Saraja (2nd edition), one by Jean-Michel Soler, one training DVD by Raphaël Betemps…

Jean

I have a book coming out from Focal Press/Elsevier next fall about using Blender for start-to-finish production of short animations. The book is being written with current SVN, and will be finalized on 2.5 when it comes out.

IAmInnocent:There’ s Bugman2000 (Tom Mullen) who will have a book on Blender physics tools (Bullet, liquids, soft bodies… I am not sure about particles though) and I can guarantee that it’ll be excellent.

1. The book will be excellent.

2. It will cover particles (if you saw the example video, there were particle examples).

Bugman, your book is going to be so good! (and in color too!) :smiley:

I just have a feeble memory.
I just have a feeble memory.
And eye sight. :wink: