2 Questions

Am having two probs with Blender’s interface here.

1. First, when I select a shape using “B” (box select), it’s only selecting one half of the side. So, like, if I had a sphere evenly set on a plane, and I box selected the whole sphere, then Blender is still only selecting the side facing me. Is there a way to correct this so that it would select the whole sphere?

2. Next, my numbers 1, 3 and 5 are supposed to be switching views for me, but they dont work at all. I think they did at one time, but somewhere something must have gotten overwritten. How can I reset them or get them to work again?

Thanks!

BlenderHead

1. Turn off the Limit Selection to Visible button:

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/764/screendumptt5.th.jpg

1. Num Lock must be on for these to work.

Very cool on Number One. Ty! :slight_smile:

Number Two - setting the Num Lock - did affect a change, but I still havent gotten it to work right, and it’s producing some weird results. For instance, it switches between 1 & 3, but it doesnt switch between 3 & 5. It also makes the object on 1 disappear when it switches over to 3 and 5, and it seems to delete the objects on 3 & 5 when transitioning back to 1. Also, if I go into User View, then it wont transition back to 1, 3 or 5 - though it will make the objects disappear. Not really sure why it is doing all that…

Thank you again for you help.
:slight_smile:

BlenderHead

You have moved your point of view in Side view from that in Front view ; so Side view is looking at a different space than Front and/or Top view. Go into each view and press C to Center the view on the cursor, and then every view will be centered on the same 3D space spot.

This help even more :), but there’s still one problem. :eek:

It seems to be switching between layers. When I go from view to view numerically.

:confused:

Ty.

BH