2 sides!

This is a small project, tribute to greece anticapitalist left!

a full resolution is on this link.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?e2aeaevb9q6q0de

Attachments

Caught the chess bug as well i see…

Nice concept. Shouldn’t the colours be on different sides?

Yes i agree , the chess bug is on blenderartists. Thanks for your good words.My point is that the enemies are not the soldiers,but the kings,queens etc that make the soldier to go on a war for their purposes. I has an antiracist message too. Black and white , we have the same needs!

Fair enough, a good answer.

I now feel silly that I didn’t notice that it was only worker pawns on one side.

viva la chessy revolucion!

Hahaha, viva!

Why the anti german note in that image?

Where is the anti german note on this image?

Being in a foreign language and having followed the news in Greece from here seeing how the greek press portraits Germany with nazi symbols and you using neonazi in your image draws that conclusion. As an English person thats the way one can read it.

It is not against Germans it is against neonazi party here in greece.

I think Anticapitalistic and neonazi is what is hard to understand but when it is a left vs right it makes sense. Visual wise however it is a easy to misunderstand topic because the Greek press abused the Nazi symbols a lot for their own rather ridicules criticism.

Anyway are Neonazis such an issue in Greece now? I read few times that foreigners can run into problems when meeting such anti foreigner groups.

Neonazisism is very much an issue in Greece at the moment. The rest of Europe are being shamefully quiet with their critisim of the prominence of the far right in Greece and the slow errosion of free speech taking place there.

Looking again at the render, i can’t help but feel that the message would be clearer if the ‘whose side are you on’ was not part of the image but super-imposed on afterwards. But that is just a personal preference.

Well Neonazis are an issue in many countries from Russia to the USA. It is kinda an irony that in those countries that fought them they have those groups now formed by local people there.

I guess I will never understand it.

However from Greece to Poland to also the USA they also love the Nazi Chick specifically to use it for their own purpose.

I think it looks great! The lighting is perfect to me!
(But if you people don’t calm down, this thread might get closed. Stay focused on the photo.)

Nice work!!

My point is that the enemies are not the soldiers,but the kings,queens etc that make the soldier to go on a war for their purposes.

The enemy is us.
We, the ones that believe that all this hell is a personal matter.
@cekuhnen
Take it easy man. Everytime you see a svastica you think it’s an anti german something. But, we have our own svastica here, whatever you think. Good luck to all of us. I really mean it.

Just some quotes from the wonderful masterpiece of Philip Dick.
“a man in the high castle”
“Their view; it is cosmic. Not of a man here, a child there, but air abstraction: race, land. Volk. Land. Blut. Ehre. Not of honorable men but of Ehre itself, honor; the abstract is real, the actual is invisible to them. Die Güte, but not good, this good man. It is their sense of space and time. They see through the here, the now, into the vast black deep beyond, the unchanging. And that is fatal to life. Because eventually there will be no life; there was once only the dust particles in space, the hot hydrogen gases, nothing more, and it will come again. This is an interval, ein Augenblick. The cosmic process is hurrying on, crushing life back into the granite and methane; the wheel turns for all life. It is all temporary. And they — these madmen — respond to the granite, the dust, the longing of the inanimate; they want to aid Natur.
And, he thought, I know why. They want to be the agents, not the victims, of history. They identify with God’s power and believe they are godlike. That is their basic madness. They are overcome by some archetype; their egos have expanded psychotically so that they cannot tell where they begin and the godhead leaves off. It is not hubris, not pride; it is inflation of the ego to its ultimate — confusion between him who worships and that which is worshiped. Man has not eaten God; God has eaten man.
What they do not comprehend is man’s helplessness. I am weak, small, of no consequence to the universe. It does not notice me; I live on unseen. But why is that bad? Isn’t it better that way? Whom the gods notice they destroy. Be small . . . and you will escape the jealousy of the great.”

I really love this motive! Good job!